2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

5 Likes

Do you like cookies?

Do you support trans rights?

Do you like doing things that would make right-wingers’ heads explode?

Order some girl scout cookies here.

2 Likes

Wait, you’re telling me you can just order these things online? It’s probably a good thing I didn’t know this sooner.

Thin mints are objectively not that great a cookie. They’re definitely solid, but not top tier. However, once I open a box, they are all getting eaten in one sitting.

2 Likes
3 Likes

while i agree that oklahoma isn’t necessarily the midwest. it certainly isn’t the south. and it’s not the south west. so by process of elimination its the midwest imo. it certainly doesn’t feel south or sotuhwest to me

i personally think its crazy that the northern states like north/south dakota and minnesota can be considered the midwest. that’s just the north.

when i played some rec sports leagues that did regional travel tournaments this was the designation and Oklahoma was considered in the “great plains” with those two and missouri

Oklahoma needs to develop one of those real estate names for its region. Like SOMI or Sooner Heights.

1 Like

IMG_8541

Wyoming being in the Midwest makes way more sense than Ohio

2 Likes

I lived in Columbus for a number of years and I basically consider it part of the Sunbelt. Not really joking

All the Indians in America are in the southwest and Great Plains. Always have been. Pick one for Oklahoma

*said your median American.

6 Likes

this is idiotic

1 Like

There’s no IQ requirement to own and operate a cellphone.

I have never heard Nevada called The Great Basin once in my life.

this fits most of my preconceived biases. i grew up in mid atlantic and i definitely always called it that. i also agree that parts of arkansas are definitely different than the parts of oklahoma containing the two cities, which was one of my problems with the first one.

Having lived in southwest and Midwest I would put Oklahoma in southwest but that’s my own biases.

Why can’t the borders of the Midwest cut through a state?

The ridiculous part of this argument is people who think the US has 10 regions arguing with people who think there are 8, 6 and 4 regions. Frame your terms before debate people!

I’ve always assumed this debate is in the context of four regions. If you’re gonna do 8 regions of course the Midwest is gonna shrink a ton.

We’ve done this Midwest thing before. Grew up in Northeast Ohio and never heard a local suggest it wasn’t part of the Midwest.

2 Likes