2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

Heh, I actually started following her a few weeks ago. Not bad.

I always ask myself how do these people earn money? Who pays for their work?

Sheā€™s in AI, itā€™s probably Softbank venture capital using Saudi money

I think television in particular has been extremely destructive, personally. Think about the anti-socialization impact, think about cable news versus reading newspapers.

I have a wild story courtesy of my sisterā€™s de facto partner. They live in Brisbane. A couple months ago he had a new guy hired to his group at work (he works for the public service). He googled the guyā€™s name to get a handle on what his work expertise was. The top result was this. I now need you to go read this link. Itā€™s a bit long but I promise it is worth your time.

Academic leaves Australia with her two children after her ex-husband and boyfriend are found with life threatening injuries in her garage and a trial that led to an acquittal

Are we all on board? OK, cool. So after reading this, my de facto BIL was quite strongly convinced that he was working with an axe murderer. He wasnā€™t sure if he should approach his employer, though. Surely they Googled this guy before hiring him? A few weeks passed and then he went into work:

Employer: I have something I need to tell you about Zach.
BIL: Is this about how heā€™s probably an axe murderer?
Employer: ā€¦
BIL: Iā€™ve known since the beginning. Do you people not Google prospective employees? wtf
Employer: ā€¦

Thereā€™s a Guardian article here with updates, but basically:

• Lisa Lines left Taiwan (which does not have an extradition treaty with Australia) for Palau, but Taiwanese police were nice enough to tip off the AFP. She was arrested there and extradited to Australia for attempted murder charges.

• Zach was arrested and extradited to South Australia to face attempted murder charges.

• The mystery woman, Leticia Fortune, has also been arrested and charged with attemped murder.

Also the police have evidence of Lines and Bruckner trying to hire a hitman to finish the job while she was in Taiwan. Shockingly, this ā€œhitman for hireā€ was an undercover police officer, probably because literally 100% of hitmen for hire are undercover police officers.

What really blows my mind about this is that the case against the husband ever went to trial. I may actually request court transcripts, because I donā€™t understand how the prosecution mounted a coherent case in court. Recall that their contention is that Bruckner was shot by Jonathon Hawtin, SHATTERING HIS PELVIS, and that subsequently Bruckner managed to strike this guy EIGHT TIMES IN THE BACK OF THE HEAD AND NECK with a hatchet. I donā€™t understand how you describe this theory of the crime in court without someone raising their hand and asking you what the fuck you are talking about.

Edit: Like at the trial in 2019 the cops had evidence showing Brucker messaging the husband saying ā€œhey I want to take photos of ur guns to show to a friendā€ and when they asked him at trial what friend he could not identify them lol. He wasnā€™t arrested until 4 years later. WTF is going on.

6 Likes

Seems pretty standard, didnā€™t spidercrab post about running around random rehab centers at 6 a.m. as part of his marathon training?

What a crazy fucking story.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s why they call it Brisvegas

Story needs more poisonous snakes and wallaboocrikees, but I give it four and a half strayas.

7 Likes

I read this as peeing at first

1 Like

I wrote another Hard Drive article:

10 Likes

Gay is Out

Harvard pres resigns

Rufo got his scalp

This is ridiculous.

https://bsky.app/profile/brendelbored.bsky.social/post/3khze4pwhmj2k

1 Like

So stupid. All this will do is make them crow harder and start harrassing any non-white, non-male they decide is the flavor of the month.

The ā€œits not cancel culture if WE do itā€ crowd strikes again.

2 Likes

I suspect that the decisions to keep Gunn and fire Gay were based on the same motivating factor, that being money.

2 Likes

I saw Nord VPN had a pretty great deal and Iā€™m thinking of pulling the trigger.

Anything wrong with them? I wonā€™t need to worry about them stealing my passwords and such?

Can someone explain this one:

The plane is going from London to Denver. It has a problem, so it passes Denver and lands in Las Vegas. Why?

It was money insofar in that every actor for the movie they were going to make said ā€œwe wont do this without that guy.ā€