2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

do these people buy the story that people are just getting abortions for fun? like nobody getting one thought they would be doing it.

This is so true!

Iā€™ve never met one who thought that.

Iā€™ve also never asked one the specific question ā€œWell, if you were raped and got pregnant would you get one?ā€, but Iā€™m certain some would say yes to that, despite their stated position.

Are these actually ā€œpieā€ sandwiches? Is the fruit in them cooked in any way?

There are a lot of different ways to measure/demonstrate the effectiveness of my CPAP treatment for sleep apnea, but I think this measurement of my average sleeping heartrate over the last several months is pretty cool.

13 Likes

If it keeps up, I think this means youā€™ll be dead by spring?

10 Likes

1 Like

No, the fruit is not cooked. Itā€™s basically bread, fresh fruit, and whipped cream.

Thatā€™s sounds great and all, but Iā€™m not sure they qualify as ā€œpie sandwichesā€.

1 Like

I retract my statement.

Still useful info, imo.

There is a Japanese sandwich shop not too far that we go to sometimes. Gonna see if they have these.

No, technically they are called fruit sandwiches and opinion is strongly divided on whether fruit sandwiches should be a thing.

Iā€™m firmly in the yes camp.

It sounds basically like strawberry shortcake

Big Show has a 90s-style sitcom on Netflix that my son really likes for some reason

1 Like

Bought running shoes on eBay. New without box, about $10 less than Amazon which I try not to use. Seller has 99.5% positive feedback. No return policy which I donā€™t notice. Shoes arrive and are 2E (wide) not D (standard) as described. Contact seller, he replies immediately, apologizes, sends label for return.

Leave neutral feedback or none at all? I donā€™t think it warrants negative feedback, and certainly not positive.

Iā€™d go with none.

4 Likes

Iā€™d go positive and leave a comment with how it went down.

Mistakes happen. The speed and willingness to fix them is important, imo. Iā€™d have a lot more confidence in a seller after reading what you wrote than reading nothing at all.

5 Likes

I would totally leave positive and a note that he immediately authorized the return. Thatā€™s way more positive to me than neutral.

2 Likes

Why would you want an open primary? Doesnā€™t that just allow the other side to vote down the best candidate your side has?

I was just looking for a place to have dinner in Rhode Island next week and I found something your moms were looking for

vibs

1 Like