2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

This seems way too much pastry to pumpkin ratio.

A hot strawberry jam donut says shut your fucking mouth.

1 Like

minced beef pie
Shepherdā€™s pie

Every pumpkin whatever recipe should just be replaced with sweet potato

3 Likes

The costco pie is fine, but it tastes like shit compared to a good homemade pie. Costco actually rates OK if you donā€™t have those two different experiences close in time. Last year I had some of each a couple of hours apart and only then did it dawn on me how mid Costco pie is.

1 Like

Canā€™t abide vanilla ice cream ruining pie

Saw a tiktok where someone was trying to summon Mariah Carey for Christmas and she replied with a video teasing the first bar.

1 Like

iPhone arrived. No pirate confrontation.

11 Likes

I have seen multiple TikToks w delivery guys fighting with brazen porch pirates who literally follow them up the steps to try and take packages.

Hereā€™s my random thought of the day. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve personally known (so like friend, acquaintance, someone I work with or otherwise see on a regular basis) a single woman who is not pro-choice. Standard or do I have a weird sample.

Closest Iā€™ve gotten is the ā€œIā€™d never get one, but it should be legalā€, which is still unequivocally pro-choice.

After thinking of this the next thing that came to mind is ā€œHow is Kamala losing to this guy?ā€.

1 Like

You donā€™t bump into a lot of Catholics, huh?

I donā€™t know what a lot is or how Catholic you need to be to qualify, but lets say at least dozens who were raised Catholic. Many are in the ā€œIā€™d never get one, but it should be legalā€ group.

Lots of people who say this have non-issue voting for trump

Iā€™m sure they donā€™t. I just understand WTF is wrong with them. I guess they really like racism and are OK with all the misogyny. There are so many reasons that I canā€™t fathom any woman voting for Trump, but there are loads of them who will.

I know of one. We met volunteering at the same place. When I found out she was a super religious anti-abortion nutjob, any respect I had for her quickly evaporated. Religion breaks people brains.

Iā€™m sure I have in the past, but, at present, I may not work with or associate with anyone, male or female, who is not pro-choice. But, Iā€™m very enbubbled. I donā€™t know that I know anyone voting for Trump.

Must be nice.

2 Likes

They just have to have stuff like anti-racism lower on their list of priorities and something else higher.

I am an enormous Mike Schur fan. (former SNL writer, The Office writer and occasional guest star (as Mose), creater of Parks and Rec and The Good Place, etc.) And the one unforgiveable trait that he has is that he shares this opinion.

You can hear him debate it here: 13 - Hot Fruit Is Disgusting - featuring Mike Schur! | The Great Debates

And you can buy a shirt here (and support charity):

As Michael Schur says, "You can lie to yourself and live in a dream-world fantasy where thereā€™s literally anything good about heating up fruit, or you can unplug from the Matrix and see the universe as it truly is, and have the blinding truth and vision wash over you, and realize that youā€™ve been lied to your whole life and that, in reality, hot fruit is disgusting ā€“ and also help refugees! Seller proceeds benefit the International Rescue Committee.

When I hear someone say ā€œThereā€™s no accounting for tasteā€, what I interpret is ā€œSome whackjobs actually think hot fruit is bad, and I need to not hate them for it.ā€

5 Likes