2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

That plan would have worked if the cops could read.

9 Likes

My “definitely not full of drugs” bag has people asking lots of questions already answered by the bag

11 Likes

Would they have checked the bag anyway?

My thought was they don’t want to use locals b/c 1) if you post your ring camera footage on Nextdoor or give it to the local cops, they might be more likely to recognize someone from the same city. 2) Cops/prosecutors might be less willing to jump through the hoops to arrest/prosecute a thief who has left the jurisdiction.

FedEx pointed out that shippers of high-value goods “can request Hold at Location or Direct Signature Required services, or redirect a package to FedEx Office or Walgreens, so a package is not left unattended at a business or residence. These tools have proven very helpful in combating porch piracy.” FedEx also said that package recipients can use its website and mobile app to have “more control over the timing and location of their deliveries.”

Not LFS though for some reason.

1 Like

I’m sure that FedEx offers this option for a fee paid by the shipper, and AT&T has calculated that paying the fee for every shipment costs more than the number of iPhones they’re currently losing.

I figured out I actually have a FedEx account of some kind, logged in, and see that I do have a note that directs deliveries to the back of my house. So the pirate either had access to that info or went back to his car and looked on a map to see that my house has access on the other side. The former seems much more likely than the latter imo, you would think those guys try to keep moving, but who knows.

Shipment is now out for delivery. My current status:

6 Likes

I wonder if we could make money by making a woke Bible to counter the Trump Bible.

“I (he/him) am the way, the truth and the life.”

1 Like

https://x.com/andrewzimmern/status/1844810201850912973

WOULD

2 Likes

Someone do pies instead of sandwiches.

1. Pumpkin, with whipped cream
  2. Coconut cream with merengue not whipped cream
  3. Cherry

Pumpkin empanadas. Mom used to make them. I’ve also tried to do it but it’s a pain.

others for me are

Key Lime
Pecan
Lemon Meringue
Banana Cream
Apple. Can get some duds but I love crumble tops with gooey filling

Strawberry Rhubarb

1 Like

French silk / chocolate cream

Sweet Potato

Pumpkin pie filling isn’t hard to make and you can just dump it in oven safe ramekins and bake them up. Or spend $8 and get a pumpkin pie bigger than your steering wheel at Costco.

Here is something you might find enjoyable; if you have been listening to the same 'ol playlists for the last couple of years, let your music player shuffle your entire library. Once you get the god damn RNG at Apple to stop playing Christmas songs you’re likely to be reintroduced to your music library. Fun!

1 Like

51360d85-f5a9-4b79-9689-d79e38236e33_text

3 Likes

Hot is good. Hot with cold ice-cream is good. Come on only fascists would say otherwise.

2 Likes

5 Likes