2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

People keep not mentioning the dozens of reported violent acts in prison for some reason.

They still haven’t closed that work double-time your last year and double your pension bullshit?

If they have, I’d bet everyone who started under the old plan is still grandfathered in. So in 20-30 more years most will be under the new plan.

My coworkers at a major CA university get paid for all their unused sick days when they retire or leave. This may shock you, but no one EVER takes a sick day. 12 days a year, paid in full when you leave, average tenure is probably 30 years. They reformed this in 2016. By 2046 almost everyone will be on the new plan!

https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/2016-retirement-benefits/faq.html

I’m actually the opposite. I got hired after 2016 and took the 401k matching instead of pension (the math made more sense for short tenure). I get paid out for all my unused vacation days, and nothing for unused sick days. So you can bet I’ll be at my max accrued 288 vacation hours when I leave.

Will you be buying 3 homes in Idaho when you retire?

Yeah those dudes in Eagle seem awesome to hang out with. A bunch of Trumper ex-cops and firefighters. Salt of the earth.

2 Likes
1 Like

Save holidays everyone; remember not to celebrate to hard!

2 Likes

That’s trying to slip it to the sister-in-law in the pantry kind of euphoria.

I thought it was a joke too. Apparently he hacked the gta6 clips w a Firestick and a cell phone.

Hey Chris Rufo is a dishonest hack, if anyone was wondering.

https://x.com/realchrisrufo/status/1733977126020481266?s=20

Rufo’s argument been taken up by the NYTimes and Harvard. She may actually lose job over this believe it or not.

lol Rufo is going to end this woman’s career. It’s absurd.

Very reassuring that the best University in the country is getting to the bottom of this. Since her dissertation was broadly available at the time of her appointment as president, I am sure all members of her hiring committee will be voluntarily stepping down as well.

2 Likes

It won’t end her career. If she’s forced to resign as President of Harvard, she’ll step right into any number of comfortable roles at think tanks or something like that.

1 Like

One of the people she’s accused of plagiarizing signed off on her thesis, so obv got some explaining to do.

I knew someone who fractured his penis. He ended up marrying her.

The “You break it you buy it” jokes were plentiful.

4 Likes

what’s the deal with all these people plagiarizing stuff. is it really that hard to change some words and sentences around?

I’m old enough to remember when Joe Biden had a plagiarism scandal.

Read the actual Harvard Crimson article. It’s quite a stretch to call what she did plagiarism.

Yeah that’s what she did. It’s not plagiarism at all.