2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

I call total BS on 3 hours to clean this place.

1 Like

it’s even better that this is moscow metro station. noone actually needs ai to buy a ticket (usually flat rate), the customer complains the “paper” receipt is only on the screen. basically another potemkin village. not pictured is Rosgvardia waiting to haul you away to war.

1 Like

“Each year more than one billion birds die in North America alone due to collisions with windows,” says Homonylo.

Cool photos in the first link. A billion birds die to flying into buildings in the states each year? No way! But, maybe?

I took some bird photos last year that I am fond of, I should have entered!

3 Likes

Fuck ya! Amen.

1 Like

Pretty sure this company exists to sell shit to idiot survivalist doomsayers, as I’ve also seen ads from them for bags food for storage and other shit you’d see Jim Bakker peddling. But…I kind of want this?

There are alternatives. Bluetti is very good and I have one of their products. I understand ecoflow is very good and has some very good pricing.

I’m sure this 4 patriots thing is just slapping a label on a Chinese product, but also sure there are some combo of grifters and assholes running the company.

1 Like

Yeah, I checkout out 4Patriots and that offer is just shit. Man their website sucks. The deal there listed is 2200w output, 1612wh storage generator with one 100 watt panel for $3k and they throw in a very small 300w output, 300wh storage generator with a 40-watt panel.

At Ecoflow you can get a 2400w output, 2048wh storage generator with a 220w watt solar panel for $1500. So you could just buy two of those systems (there are lots of other configurations) for the same price as one smaller and one tiny system. Bluetti also has deals/sales that are good too.

2 Likes

If you don’t need the solar panel to be folding and easily portable you’re paying more for a worse solar panel.

Is very badass and if you’re looking to spend $3k you can get at least 1000 watts of solar for $500 and this generator will take up to 3000watts of solar input. With something like that, and not the whole 3000w of solar, you could back up your really critical loads almost indefinitely as long as it’s not a long stretch of not seeing the sun.

(talking about running extension cords of course and not like a house backup that automatically switches over when the power goes out)

5 Likes

The Chinese are certainly persistent, but couldn’t such resources have been used more effectively in other ways, like making weapons or something?

https://x.com/Rainmaker1973/status/1838474817592263057?t=-hmrfqeaKQCERdjY6qHpbg&s=19

3 Likes

That map is highly inaccurate.

Is anyone following the PDiddy stuff? I don’t normally get into celebrity news, but this has captured my interest. I understand that if the police are involved there are actual crimes going on, but all the stuff that people are talking about on social media just strikes me as massively homophobic and not necessarily illegal.

2 Likes

it’s really weird that the (CHINESE COMMUNIST) wall and the european coastline have the same shape like that

4 Likes

Anti government activist Ammon Bundy is going the Alex Jones route. Gets a defamation judgement against him, just ignores the courts, transfers all of his assets to other entities and then claims bankruptcy.

Lol to this quote though

In an email, Bundy said, “St. Luke has done everything they could to try and make my family and I as miserable as possible. This motion is just another attempt.”

“They are opposite of a Christian organization even though they carry the name of Luke,” he said. “True Christians forgive.”

It’s sort of too horrifying to even contemplate. Apparently he was raping people left and right for decades.

2 Likes

I feel the same way. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that it is more fun to make jokes about baby oil and speculate about the involvement of other celebs than it is to discuss the more serious allegations. That being said, I definitely get the vibe from some people that they think consensual gay sex is a worse sin (or at least equivalent to) than rape or stuff like blowing up Cudi’s car.

1 Like

Sounds like he was filming his marathon orgies rape sessions and extorting/blackmailing people who were involved in them.

That’s my understanding, too, but all the commentary I see from other celebs or people who supposedly “know” about some of what went on don’t ever provide any evidence that the stuff was un consensual. That’s not to say it wasn’t going on, it’s just that the stuff I’m seeing is like Bigoldnit said just a bunch of people who saw some dudes having sex in a room and think that is a bad thing to be ashamed of. (I guess this could be a construct of what the algorithm sends me).

I’m not sure that connecting these two is a good idea for society.

4 Likes
1 Like