2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

Take a look at the dates. That’s just not a good time to have a long-running #1.

Michael Jackson had 16 weeks at #1 in 1983 and early 1984, but it was split between 3 songs. Billie Jean had the longest run at 7 weeks.

Yeah he basicslly canabalized his own spot each time a new single dropped

1 Like

Can I just point out how absurd it is that there was an artist that spent 26 consecutive weeks at #1, a half a goddamn year?

And can I point out how ridiculous it is that it was the Black Eyed Peas?

4 Likes

Haven’t been participating but isn’t that Fast and Furious song with Wiz Khalifa the missing one from 2015?

1 Like

Yes.

Clues for the remaining ones if you want them.

#14 - You’ve almost certainly heard this before. It’s not nearly as popular as a song by the same artist that appears earlier on this list.

#26 - It’s by X featuring Y. X has had a ton of hits. Y has as well, though not as big. Most of Y’s songs are “Y featuring Z”, but this one has him as the feature, probably because he was by far the lesser name at the time.

#33 - Another X featuring Y song (neither are the same as in #26. This time the DJ gets the main billing, and actually sings a good portion of this song, though he usually doesn’t sing.

#37 - It’s ANOTHER shitty Drake song. Goddammit the number one hits of 2018 were bad.

#39 - How in the hell was this a #1 for 11 weeks? I had basically forgotten this song existed. I’m not even sure how to give a clue for this that doesn’t give it away. The Weeknd should have released Blinding Lights 2 months earlier to prevent this nonsense.

I’ve had a pretty unconventional sex life but nothing prepared me for those photos of PDiddy”s bathroom and the hundreds of bottles of lube. That is the most insane sexual thing I have ever seen. If it was in some movie it would be considered so over the top as to exceed even parody.

I thought that was AI-generated?

1 Like

Oh fuck really. Dammit. It got me.

I hate the future we are facing. :rage:

oh wow I’ve had a super normie vanilla sex life and those completely did not phase me at all, I just assume everyone else is having wild orgies 24/7

1 Like

Pretty interesting real expose on hijacking a phone number. Shows that it can be possible for people to intercept calls, SMS, and even potentially general location simply via your phone number.

Happy Sunday!

2 Likes

Leopards eating faces, snow leopard edition:

1 Like

I can’t be the only one who thought this was a male masturbator can I?

https://x.com/phil_hellmuth/status/1837644681649574217?s=61&t=RmhhSEuVcr5uPU_S6Jmz0w

When I think “peak athletic performance”, hellmuth is the first person that pops into my head.

3 Likes

phil-hellmuth-topless_400x400 (1)

7 Likes

Oh, another stupid fucking drink touted by a celebrity.

I hate AI and don’t really see the point to this, but I’ll admit that this is pretty cool. Looks like something you’d see in a movie:

https://x.com/BrianRoemmele/status/1837975937297928216

3 Likes

JohnnyCab

10 Likes

Ha, I actually almost typed “Total Recall” and decided on simply “a movie.”

1 Like