2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

Sounds like the ICC has some Mongolian beef.

16 Likes

The fuck is Mongolia supposed to do? “OK, we’ll detain the head of state of our violent, nuclear-armed neighbor, you guys have our back, right?”

2 Likes

Yeah it’s completely absurd to expect that to happen.

1 Like

1 Like

What does Huckle do? Looks like a freeloader trying to get a chicken in his pot.

Practically they’re just not supposed to allow him into the country.

Or maybe just not have a big parade and ceremony welcoming him.

1 Like

Called the Social Security office for something unrelated and they mentioned while on hold that the wait time to have a disability claim resolved was between 200 and 250 days. Oof.

1 Like

If by resolved you mean denied, then sure.

For successful applications that are not extremely cut-and-dried, it’s more like 12-18 months, during which there’ll be a couple of denials followed by a live hearing.

3 Likes

I was under the impression the first claim is almost always denied. Then the first appeal gets actually looked at.

1 Like

Yeah and that’s probably on the generous side. I know of someone where it took 18 months from filing to pay out.

1 Like

That’s been my experience, with some people needing to appeal only once and others needing to apply for hearings. I haven’t known any freshly disabled people under the age of 60 who received SSD on an initial application unless they had experienced a catastrophic physical trauma. Furthermore, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a previously functioning adult receive a psych disability on the first application.

The Pink Door - Seattle

3 Likes

Whoosh. I fainted today at the bus stop. A combination of getting too hot and having donated plasma an hour earlier. I was only out for a few seconds but woke up on the ground with a couple of people standing over me and asking if I was okay. I felt a lot better once I was on the bus and sitting underneath an AC vent.

9 Likes

I hate passing out. It’s scary. Glad you are ok.

I once passed out and cracked open my head in a sex dungeon at a play party surrounded by like 30 people having sex. You can imagine I killed the vibe pretty hard! :rofl:

5 Likes

OMG!

Obv you still finished? :grinning:

1 Like

lol nope. I left in an ambulance. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

https://x.com/BGrueskin/status/1831136636844855773?t=LI6OPkwofAYhaMQ6KtRUHg&s=19

10 Likes

Excellent thread title update.

2 Likes