2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

Getting paid your normal rate to semi-listen to a DEI talk while surfing the internet on the other monitor? I’ll take it.

1 Like

images (56)

Not a marketing expert, but “ocean water” is not an appetizing name for a popsicle flavor.

8 Likes

Named after the apparently popular sonic drink.

Wait, wat? Like any of them or just if you’re like teaching them in some capacity?

My trainer is trying to get me interested in powerlifting influencers as if I wasn’t a sad middle-aged schlub.

Can’t sleep with the undergrad girls you’re teaching but also you can’t sleep with the girls in classes your friends are teaching.

What about hand stuff?

1 Like

Unless your campus is tiny, there have got to still be plenty that are not in either group.

“Real estate agents in Washington, D.C. allegedly received kickbacks for doing business with certain title insurers.

Well of course they fucking did!

If anyone ever wants backup to get in a knockdown dust up fight with any title insurance shills and agents, give me a call.
Never paid it but we purchased a house:
Title Insurance? Guess it’s part of the process…10 minutes of googling later…””Fuck these ■■■■■■ It’s one of the scammiest scams of all scamdom.”
Think I literally said that to my wife - and she’s a nice lady who I try to be nice to.

It’s insane that title insurance exists, and it somehow still enrages me, despite having dodged it. Scumsuckers!

My word was K hun ts, btw.

1 Like

Half the powerlifting influences are sad middle aged schlubs. Give em a shot.

Yeah, you can sleep with them all you like.

I’m just gonna tell myself that’s why I never got anywhere with the super hot Swiss/Austrian grad student who taught one of my German classes.

2 Likes

TBF, I dated a student as a grad student after the class ended, and she’s now a philosophy professor.

Yeah this is some crony kickback bullshit, can’t be legal

Title insurance is such a weird American scam. Instead of having a functioning land registration system you create an entire insurance mechanism to protect you from the poorly designed one.

America has to be the best nation on earth and designing bad systems.

It is MUCH more of a scam than health insurance and it’s not close. Literally 99% of the premium is profit.

1 Like

Yeah, in my area of work there are some special transactions that require title insurance where it makes sense because it will allow the transaction to happen, but even then the title insurance policy is a load of BS. They basically do a public records search and identify all the recorded instruments that affect the property and list them as exceptions to the policy, but then they put in clauses excepting things that aren’t recorded but may encumber or otherwise affect the title. It’s like, so wtf are you insuring against, exactly?

1 Like

@Trolly, was this OK at your place?

How did you do that? Did you just pay cash for the house? If you took a loan, doesn’t the lender require it?

I dated* a woman who sat on a jury for a trial I worked on.

*the case settled right before opening statement and I actually met through a random coincidence a month after the trial was over.