2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

Meth laced candy distributed in food boxes in New Zealand

1 Like

Most (maybe all?) are unionized so they’ve agreed to it.

1 Like

Hadn’t thought of that. Wow that’s a shitty union.

Paid while the door is shut, called the block time, door shut to door open.

Pilots paid the exact same way.

Is that why they’re always trying to rush everyone onto the plane only to have to wait on the runway for an hour?

1 Like

Right but what other job is allowed to make you work for no pay?

Probably more because the pilots are paid the same way, but yes

Dude, you don’t know America. The answer is basically all of them.

4 Likes

Well, there is a reason why pilots make $500 an hour and flight attendants top out at well over $100.

They get paid a lot more per hour than if they were paid the whole time on duty.

1 Like

Kind of insane though that folks on shorter flights get paid less per hour with the same quoted salary because they have to work more boardings. If your assignment changes it can be a constructive dismissal style paycut!

Industry is entirely about seniority. Every person working for an airline bids on their schedule. When you are senior, you get the great trips(or for those of us above/below wing we get to work during the day with weekends off) when you are junior you get the shit trips or shifts. Started off working graveyards on the weekends.

At the end of the day, outside of the pilots, you don’t work for an airline for the money. You do it to fly for free for the rest of your life and there is a ton of flexibility that you can trade shifts with coworkers to be able to get time off whenever you want to take those trips.

2 Likes

Alright, I’ll say it…

Nice! Always knew it was possible.

Wait till you hear about (employee) truckers who are only paid by the mile

You might be right about this but I thought those policies are subsidized by the people who end up paying fees and interest by not paying the card off or on time for that matter.

In other words, the lower income single mom who is juggling finances and living paycheck to paycheck are paying for the upper middle class to take advantage of cash back rewards.

I might be way off on this, I never dug into it deeply but I do have a merchant account and know the fees we pay to use it.

1 Like
1 Like

Is that a new thing? I have a couple of friends who are flight attendants and they receive a nominal amount for the hours they are on call but it certainly isn’t a substantial amount.

On call meaning they are available if an attendant is needed but not actually flying? That’s different than being paid for only the duration of the flight when working.

I have a good friend who works in corporate for united. I hate that fucker for his ability to get dirt cheap flights all over the world, and also have the work flexibility to work remote when he goes there.

No idea what his salary is, it’s probably not bad, but being able to get a first class flight to Tokyo for like 80$ is a thing of dreams.

Correct. What I’m saying is unless there have been some substantial recent changes in flight attendant’s pay, they get a small payment for their on call hours which aren’t just in the air. Or at least the ones I know.

1 Like