2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

I’m looking forward to the podcast series we’ll get in 10-20 years about the decline and fall of Kanye and all of the human parasites who have been taking advantage of his obvious mental health problems for the better part of a decade.

Disney claiming a free trial of Disney + ties a person to those terms and conditions for any Disney interaction.

Realize I should have posted this in lol law but I am lol lazy

4 Likes

When parents enrolled their children in a small private school in Ardmore in the fall of 2023, the tuition was $1,000 per semester.

The Parental Choice Tax Credit Program started in December, promising parents a tax credit of up to $3,750 per student for spring tuition. Global Harvest Christian School responded by raising its spring tuition to $3,500.

“The parental choice tax credit is a private school subsidy,” said Rep. John Waldron, D-Tulsa.

Global Harvest Christian School was not alone in its decision to raise prices; private schools statewide did the same. Parents thought the tax credit would reduce what they pay. Instead, many schools raised tuition in a comparable amount to the tax credit.

2 Likes

Shockedpikachu.jpg

https://x.com/doctorow/status/1816910674439864689

Since Biden dropped out, I’ve started going back on twitter (not just my sports list), aaaaaand now I’m constantly in a blind rage again.

1 Like

Obviously love being able to just fund a school lunch account instead of making sure my kids have cash (one of my kids has started bringing his lunch to school again, to his lazy dad’s dismay), but the fees piss me off. It’s not a ton of money, to be sure, but every fucking time I put money into the lunch account or use that same site to pay for other school fees, field trips, etc., it charges a fee. Fuck off.

2 Likes

Random fees annoy me to no end. Recently, I had to renew my bar license and the bill was:

• License renewal = $375.

• If paying by credit card, a 2.9% processing fee will be added [credit card company charges you a fee, so, fine, I guess]

• If paying by ACH, a $1 fee will be charged (seriously?!?)

2 Likes

What’s the no fee option?

1 Like

There isn’t one listed on the site. I don’t know what they’d do if I rolled up to the office with straight cash, but, since it’s for a state that I don’t currently live in, I’m not going to find out.

Lesbian banned from American Airlines for having sex with a man

Was the man, lesbian, or flight intoxicated?

Was the ban because of the sex or because it was unexpected sex given her designation?

2 Likes

I always use ACH, since paying extra to use a credit card for rent, professional fees, etc. has been pretty standard for a number of years.

Yeah, but depending on your rakeback setup, paying those fees can sometimes be worth it.

1 Like

I don’t have a high rakeback card. Even though I use my CC for everything, I’m opposed to cash-back policies, since they’re paid for by the merchants, many of whom are small business owners already getting squeezed by CC processors.

I get that. Just give those parties cash and use the card on professional fees, rent, and such.

Does anyone know what’s going on here?

2 Likes

I’ve seen something like before. I believe it’s a bus taking dogs to doggy daycare.

1 Like

Yeah if it is one in Alaska I used to see it all the time on my tiktok. They pick up the dogs, take them out to run around and play and I think may even have a day center.

The dogs are all really well trained and I think they have non shock alert collars to get their attention.

So apparently flight attendants are only paid while in the air. During boarding or waiting between flights they are paid $0. How is this legal?