2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

Nonsense. It’s a giant lurking spinesnapper and it’ll devour your foot the moment you start building sandcastles south of Brisbane.

Pleasant strolls are a thing of the past.

2 Likes

You realize it’s dead, right?

15 Likes

Of course.

https://x.com/QuakesInCA/status/1823077510504181960

Pretty decent earthquake just now

1 Like

Felt it more than any in last couple of years, probably due to location. Got a phone notification from Google a second before it happened.

1 Like

I’m pretty near the epicenter, heard it before I felt it. Felt big, thought that one might be it!

2 Likes

That was LOUD!

1 Like

Are you still in Altadena? This was pretty close to our area. First one in a while where I’ve started looking for something to get under.

Middle of population center, almost. Many recent quakes have been like 100 miles from downtown.

https://x.com/LastQuake/status/1823077298007855285?t=xQ3UUml6s2FiivriRNBl_w&s=19

North Pasadena. That was my first real earthquake since moving from the East coast. Ironically, I was looking at earthquake kits this morning and wondering if that’s something I should get or build out myself. Definitely doing it now.

2 Likes

This is like a 4.8. A 7.0 would be like 100* (edited) times stronger, and would not be unprecedented. An 8 would be no bueno.

feel a little dumb about it but I’m team zero, I have a dozen reasons but the biggest one by far is that if take my chances and get unlucky then some jackass friend is gonna pay for my funeral just so they can carve on my tombstone “he was a swallower”

6 Likes

But that’s how you know that you were loved

3rd in three days in the lower central valley, right?

Apparently in Scandinavia if a kid has a friend spend the night, they don’t feed the friend. Which is just so weird.

3 Likes

It’s also not true at all :+1:

4 Likes

BUT I READ IT ON THE INTERNET

I think I did ask a Swedish guy I was working with at the time and he said something like yeah it wouldn’t be abnormal to not feed a house guest, even if they’re spending the night. Or maybe I’m misremembering.

I’m fairly sure it came up on this forum last year too, I guess it’s one of those things that go semi-viral once in a while.

But again, not true at all, it’s not a thing.