2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

that was basically my dad’s thought process, but even he was gonna stop around 100.

The marginal increase just doesn’t make it worth it after a while.

Plus, I live in a lower cost of living area than most here. So, I don’t need as much to survive.

I’ll take that over many other ways I can think of

1 Like

Probably a maximum of 3. Maybe 4. Go on then 5.

2 Likes

Do I have to pay taxes on the money? If so then 0. Fuck the man.

4 Likes

I take one pill, and if I survive, I buy either a Freightliner Cascadia or a Volvo VNL, and a trailer. Probably just a dry van (that’s a kind of trailer), at least to start.

The rest (150k?) aside for business expenses.

1 Like

There are wiser things to do with the money if the only goal is to make it make more money, but the point is I know the trucking business and I love the job

The interesting question is how big of a lottery win would I need in order to not buy a truck with it and be in business for myself

1 Like

Like this is a horrible time to get into the trucking business, and there may never be a good time ever again.

But without a truck payment I could still live to a standard I like (though not necessarily ever owning a home), and it’s what I love to do. And I would do things like go see my parents 6-10 times a year instead of 0-2, because travel time doubles as work time and no longer has to be on an airplane

I get $500k tax free too right?

1 Like

Zero. But I’m overly risk adverse. Ask me in 20 years and I probably take a few and am OK dying provided my wife is taken care of financially after I’m gone.

1 Like

Meanwhile she’s coating them in peanut butter and giving them to you like a dog taking medicine.

8 Likes

:skull:

That’s a good boy. You want another don’t you?

1 Like

Do you have to specify how many you’re gonna eat ahead of time or do you eat one and then get to decide if you want another? Because a lot of people will say “oh I’ll just have one” and then if the eat it and live they’ll be “oh well one more couldn’t hurt”

1 Like

not at any point in my life would i have been a 0 guy.

and it’s hard for me to put myself in the shoes of a 0 guy, even. 1 in 1,000 would be floating in my head as i fell asleep every night for the rest of my life.

2 Likes

i keep going back to that number generator trying to avoid #1000, i’m up to 125. what’s silly is i stopped bc now i don’t want to hit 1000, with nothing riding on it lol.

like if this was a big tv production and i knew even a couple days ahead of time, i’d just have a talk with my people. i’d have percentages that would go to each of them, give ‘em a halfway goodbye. then i might have to start eating some pills, especially if i don’t even realize it’s the death pill and just fall over, dead before i hit the floor.

worst for me would be if like that bowl of pills stays on the top of my fridge forever, ready for another $500k at any time. :face_exhaling: be real hard to ignore all that money forever hahaha

1 Like

I played 100k SNGs and I can count on one hand the # of times I got beat by a one-outer. 1 in 50 is even better odds than that!

1 Like

I think that’s going to be a no from me

2 Likes

https://x.com/almuravid/status/1821874463811494371

13 Likes

I’m taking 999. Yolo

1 Like