2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

1 or 2 probably increase my life expectancy even.

2 Likes

really?!?

I would never have to work again after 2 for sure, but I donā€™t need much, and in 11 years I get Medicare and social security anyway.

I asked my 22yo daughter and she instantly said 1. She wouldnā€™t want me to take one and, of course, I wouldnā€™t want her to take one.

1 Like

1, maybe 2

1 Like

I have no kids, so Iā€™d consider taking several to make sure my brotherā€™s family is taken care of.

Iā€™d consider that, but my brothers and wifeā€™s sister are not rich rich or anything, but they have enough money. I wouldnā€™t take a pill if I had as much as any of them.

tumblr_87173e4ffb687a3708413c7cb3f6e275_f03c9991_500

3 Likes

I choose 6.

random.org sequence from 1-1000 where 1000 is the death pill:

I survived!

Damn, would have eaten the death pill on pick #826, so could have made a LOT more money.

2 Likes

I used 765 as poison and chose ten and lived. I think that is the most I would consider.

1 Like

Fucking survivorship bias in this thread

6 Likes

I think Iā€™m zero.

1 Like

At 1 in 1000 I probably have to take one

1 Like

0, no kids

2 Likes

If I eat them all at once does my designee get $499.5 million?

9 Likes

Iā€™ve been biking mostly to work in the city so I am basically doing this every week already, but Iā€™m making a lot less then that.

9 Likes

Zero. I run bad.

1 Like

I havenā€™t settled on my exact number, but itā€™s definitely lower after this conversation I had with my brother this weekend:

Me: "So, Iā€™m thinking of finally doing a Will and was going to leave $x to Nephew. I feel pretty confident that he wouldnā€™t just spend it all on hookers and blow, but wanted to confirm with you.

Bro: Nah, he has a good head on his shoulders. Heā€™d definitely do some fun stuff, but nothing too reckless.

Me: Cool.

Bro: Besides, Dad will probably die first and leave him a lot more money, so donā€™t worry about it.

Me: #fuckdemkids

3 Likes

Biking is no joke. My sonā€™s pediatrician got run over by a bus on one of the Central Park transverses when he slipped on some ice.

been mashing that and 1000 hasnā€™t come up, probably 50x.

might be hard to stop seriously i think i could keep thinking ā€œjust one moreā€ for a while