2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

He seemed almost completely unaffected by the heat. Impressive performance.

1 Like

Haven’t watched yet, but you get tacos in LA or SD. In SF you get burritos.

It’s a missionary town

1 Like

My CPAP is finally on its way, so I’m very open to any pointers y’all apnea-heads have for getting started. It’s an Airsense 11 with a nasal mask.

3 Likes

A mask or the canula version?

Mask. AirFit N20. Nobody’s told me much but I’m getting this off the rental agreement.

Was never satisfied with the mask and eventually changed to nasal pillows.I move around a lot in sleep, and the mask would come dislodged too often. The pillows are better for side sleeping too

Did you do the in person sleep study? I cant use that type because I open my mouth while sleeping so can’t give much advice on that mask.

This doesnt mean it wont work for you, I have a fair bit of clasutrophobia, so the less stuff on my face the better.

No, it was a home sleep study. The whole process has been absurd, nobody tells me anything so I’m mostly just stoked somebody’s finally sending me a machine. Then I guess if things aren’t working the DME company (Apria Healthcare) has a local office to which I can go.

1 Like

I was just curious if you knew if a nose only mask would work. You will find out super quick and it will be obvious though.

1 Like

I used to wear a full face mask and now just have a nasal one. I have been pretty good with both once I got used to them.

It will take a little bit to adjust to the mechanics of it all, especially if you move around while sleeping. As long as I have the hose on the right place when I go to sleep I have no issues, even if I move around.

A current problem I have been having is losing a seal in the middle of the night and having air leak.

Also did you get a humidifier? I need one. Anytime I use it without the humidifier it kills my throat as I get super dry.

Humidifier just helps me breath better in general too due to my asthma and related issues.

Yes, it would appear that’s included in the shipment.

Keep it clean and remember you’re not going to suffocate when you’re wearing it…

2 Likes

Only use distilled water. Otherwise you will get build up. I clean mine w white vinegar once in a while but it looks brand new only using distilled water. In the past I sometimes didn’t and didn’t like the results. That being said you can use tap water in a real pinch if you find the humidity to be necessary (mine is always max temperature which can affect how hot you are when sleeping) but I highly recommend just always having distilled water on hand.

3 Likes

Kyle G doesn’t need to take breaks from hard rockin’, jackass

5 Likes

:vince:

2 Likes

I’m still convinced that this was agreed by both of them at the time.