2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

Super cool that tween are exposed to this world of youtube influencers where every other content creator appears to either be a pedophile or a Nazi or both.

1 Like

80s Timā€™s was much better. I think it was the slight tinge of second-hand smoke in all of the donuts.

1 Like

Related - when I was growing up in the Boston suburbs in the 80ā€™s Dunkin Donuts was just a place, then after I left somehow it became a religion. The coffee is trash.

4 Likes

Wonā€™t be long before the right wing assholes pick up on this story. A trans woman grooming children is going to get them so, so excited.

Oh theyā€™re all over it.

Yeah pretty much 90% of the twitter engagement is ā€œWe told you that trans people are groomers and pedophiles.ā€

Cool, do I get to say the same about all white men? Because Im pretty sure their per capita nunbers in that particular crime are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy higher.

2 Likes

Make a little awning to put on the outside of the car that shade the spot where the sensor is affixed to the window. Park it in ways that face it away from the sun during the hottest parts of the day. Iā€™m only half-joking.

I lived in Florida for a number of years and had my rear view mirror fall down eventually. I think I just went to the auto parts store and got some sort of rear view mirror adhesive. I donā€™t recall if there was anything special about it and maybe some sort of heat resistant epoxy may be a better hold. I also donā€™t know how long it lasted since I donā€™t have that car anymore. So YMMV

Now that the sensor has fallen off, I think probably the most important part is making sure it is very very clean glass before reapplying the sensor. isopropyl alcohol + razor blades to clean it up

1 Like

A reddit AMA, written by an employee, dropped this past week and it was not flattering.

Why not start with Mr. Beast?

1 Like

https://x.com/ArmandDoma/status/1816499655221694722?t=Eou3hvqY8RKhG3Pae4nDuw&s=19

2 Likes

But what if you win? (I donā€™t win at sports betting)

Donā€™t know how to find the Twitter thread, but here is the paper for that claim: https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=4903302

1 Like

@clovis8 I measured my windshield temperature two ways, using a pyrometer and a kitchen thermometer. Agreement isnā€™t great (thermometer is lower) but at mid-afternoon in full sun, temperatures along one edge of my windshield were

Top: 168 F, 160 F
Middle: 166 F, 152 F
Bottom: 162 F, 140 F

Ambient temperature (relatively cool today!): 90 F
Car interior: 104 F
Dash: 180 F

On reflection, E6000 isnā€™t ideal for this because youā€™d probably need to clamp it-- a pain on a surface like this. This stuff has the same temperature specification (180 F) and would be close to instant.

If you really need higher temperature stuff itā€™s available but quite a bit more expensive.

1 Like

JB Weld that shit on.
People use it to fix/seal small stuff in engines. 500 deg+

1 Like

The sensor has to be bonded directly to the windshield?

It is crazy how much scandal swirls around these creators. I watch a show that regularly covers the creator drama and it is overwhelming at times.

About the same as E6000 to work with. Probably have to clamp it.

BTW, Iā€™m assuming this ā€œsensorā€ is a small/light antenna in a plastic housing or similar.

Clamping: sensors on the inside, right.
Stick of wood against the item, move whichever front seat forward to push pressure on the stick.
Unless Iā€™m missing somethingā€¦

Creative. Sounds good to me. PITA for clovis I bet. I was thinking maybe stack some books on the dash and squash them up against the ā€œsensorā€ with some wadded up paper in between if it doesnā€™t have to be at the top of the WS.

Idk why it has to go on the WS necessarily. Maybe remove the trim piece from the A-pillar and just place it behind the trim, no adhesive needed. The trim probably isnā€™t too hard to pop off. Could be a yt video for clovisā€™ specific car model.

https://x.com/s8n/status/1815567560852517366

1 Like

This could all just be in my head, but I just got COVID, and I could basically feel the vaccine working.

I had one day where I didnā€™t feel great and had the exact same fever and body ache that I get when I get vaccinated. The next day, I woke up fever broke and Iā€™m feeling like 95%. Even the customary cough and sore throat that I normally get with a cold was present for like 24 hrs max. Itā€™s still early, but Iā€™ve never gotten over a cold this fast. Normally I feel crummy for 5-7 days and have a lingering cough for a month.

Obviously it would have been even better the vaccine worked so well that I had no symptoms at all, but Iā€™ll take this. This vaccine is the fucking nuts.

1 Like