2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

People who live in hot places…

I have a remote start sensor that has to attach to my windshield on the inside. The glue keeps failing. Ideas?

Move?

3 Likes

Welcome to climate change. I live at 51 degrees north!!!

Wtg IOC, Youre making FIFA proud

1 Like

Wow, that’s 123.8F

14 Likes

Or 3 degrees Kelvin south!

1 Like

None of this is making my sensor stick to the damn windshield!

Duct. Tape.

1 Like

Good general purpose adhesive. Supposed to work up to 180 F. Not sure how hot windshield glass can get but it might be close in direct sun on a hot day. I’ll measure mine tomorrow.

1 Like

Get a new car. How old is your car that remote start is an aftermarket hack?

1 Like

Untitled

11 Likes

Goddamn, I feel like a like doesn’t do this one justice. Got me irl

1 Like

Have you talked to anyone at an auto-parts store instead of Tim Horton’s?

5 Likes

Tim Hortons sucks. Their food and coffee is terrible now. It’s some insane mass Canadian delusion.

3 Likes

I don’t think the food was ever good, but it was definitely better in the 90s during their expansionary period. A classmate of mine when I was young opened the first Tim Hortons in my hometown, and back then they actually made all the goods on site. As they ramped up, they shifted to a more centralized mass produced baking process where things like donuts were cooked en masse, shipped frozen to locations, and then “baked” on site (i.e. reheated). Of course this produces a shittier, if more consistent, product.

Also in the 1990s their coffee was probably as good as you would get at more other places, because most other places sucked too. The availability of superior coffee is pretty universal now, so if you ever drink decent coffee from a real coffees shop and then go back to TH, the TH coffee tastes like garbage.

Anyway, they worked their way into the national culture and that’s what people are buying now. Lots of Canadian consumers are happy with inferior coffee endorsed by Sidney Crosby. It’s a weird accident of history that the McDonald’s makes better coffee than the “coffee shop”.

1 Like

I remember reading that tims let their coffee supplier contract expire and McDonald’s Canada swooped in and bought it so current McDonald’s coffee is old Tim’s coffee.

Yeaht, that’s kind of true. TH let their contract with the supplier lapse because they decided to build their own roasting facilities in Canada to save money. McD’s does use the roaster that TH used to use.

I think the current superiority of McD’s coffee in Canada is just because they try harder. They saw an opportunity to establish a better morning service brand and they jumped on it.

1 Like

2 Likes