2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

Is there a drawer beside it or above/below it that you can take out to get better access?

It’s the top drawer between the dishwasher and the oven. I took out the drawer below, but it didn’t help much. I’ll work on it some more tomorrow.

Yea the whole natalist welfare state will always run up against the destain for the poor and no natalist policy is going to work at scale (if they work at all, which there doesn’t seem to be much evidence of it) without giving to the poor.

Which means it’s going to be what it always is. Another hand out to the rich that will do nothing to accomplish the supposed goal.

You might be able to get a hand up behind it once the drawer(s) below are out.

https://x.com/simoncholland/status/897522539605487617?lang=en

15 Likes

I am in this post and I don’t like it

3 Likes

Can you get anything out of the drawer? If so, get as many other things out as you can and see if that gives you move room to maneuver. Have you tried turning the blocker to the side to try and get the drawer open more to pull other stuff out?

sell the house

13 Likes

A cooking blow torch should be able to heat the inside of the draw to a point that plastic handles soften.

What could go wrong? Unfortunately it seems to be a metal measuring cup that’s causing the jam. It shouldn’t even be in that drawer.

Oh, you think certain things should go in specific places every time? My family begs to disagree.

7 Likes

No shit. It might jam the drawer up

3 Likes

Have you tried yanking really really hard?

3 Likes

#nokinkshaming, but please try to stay on topic as we attempt to help econophile with his stuck drawer.

9 Likes

The building handyman embarrassingly fixed it in under a minute. He had a different technique of knocking on the front of the drawer like a bass drum or something as opposed to the violent shaking that I tried. I like to think that it only worked because I had loosened everything up first.

8 Likes

Do you have to tip for that? If so, how much?

No tipping needed for small jobs like that. For larger jobs we pay him based on time.

1 Like

My Duolingo German course has an obsession with Mallorca. All the travel sections are about how beautiful Mallorca is. Probably time to train the AI on something else.

1 Like

post somtyn elce