2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

Fun day to be trying to fly.

2 Likes

Is it fixed now? I’ve got a flight tonight.

3 Likes

5 Likes

https://x.com/benkochman/status/1814346996871774569?t=cA1SLPjM9VdItJkfBkxdiQ&s=19

Lotta pissed off Karens at Starbucks this morning

Sis-in-law got stuck a few hours at CDG. Took off about 5h late.

Sounds like a normal day at CDG

2 Likes

The got caught in the strikes last year.

On my honeymoon I had a flight booked from CDG to Barcelona with a connecting flight to Bilbao. My flight from CDG was delayed for a few hours, and I missed the connecting flight. Because it was on a different airline and I had wisely booked the flights separately, I had to pay for another ticket. Luckily it wasn’t that expensive.

Sitting at the gate now after flight delayed 3 hours. Their boarding computer just crashed so half the people can’t board.

Could be worse. The plane we were waiting for sat on the tarmac in Indianapolis for 3+ hours before taking off.

When I was in Vegas this year playing poker and drinking. I asked the table what would be a good “America beer”. One guy suggested Miller High Life. I asked if it had marijuana in it or drugs that get you high. He said no, it’s the Champagne of beers. I asked whether it was highly carbonated like Champagne. He said it’s normal beer. I asked what region it was made in to be restricted like how Champagne has to be made in the region of Champagne in France. He gave up after that and told me it’s a terrible beer and he was joking. I love trolling Americans.

4 Likes

Because of the SNAFU.

Please find the attached General Order that extends today’s deadlines until Monday, July 22, 2024.

Thank you,

Thomas G. Bruton
Clerk of Court
U.S. District Court

While unrelated, I hope Windows 11 and the “back up everything to the cloud” ethos of Microsoft ends up killing the company. It’s dogshit and the world needs to convert to Linux or soemthing.

Straight-up insane we all have to pay AAA game prices for Word, which afaict hasn’t really added any helpful features in 20 years.

2 Likes

The sunlight levels are what’s the coolest part of the gif

1 Like

You might enjoy this very long, detailed post. It includes a lot of things like running your own mail server and backing up your photos and such to your own cloud with multiple backups. It’s at least an idea. I haven’t done it myself but it sounds like something I’d like to do.

https://sive.rs/ti

It’s interesting, but I’m just pretty much anti-cloud, unless it’s backup emails. The way MS has redone Windows 11 screws with my procedure for working on cases/documents and introduces concerns regarding the security of various legal documents, which are often regarded as “highly confidential.”

2 Likes

What does this mean for CrowdStrike? Are they done? The economic “damage” must be incalculable.

Here is an interview with that CEO from about 2 weeks ago. Josh Brown out here Jim Cramer’ing it? They have been on a tear, just joining S&P500 on June 24th!

2 Likes