2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

Joke’s on them: I can go weeks at a time without properly shutting down my computer

3 Likes

Nope. They just repeated the other study without criticism.

Lazy!

I’m having a great time.

Can someone ELI5 the ramifications of this. Is it affecting personal PCs or just workplace systems?

its caused by Cloudstrike pushing an update so its mostly affecting workplace systems. Cloudstrike is an enterprise antivirus/security company used by apparently every single corporation in the world

3 Likes

It’s like a snow day for the modern era.

4 Likes

kind of insane that these big companies are buying a product that allows a vendor to unilaterally push out an update to everyone at the same time without the customers getting a chance to test it out or control the rollout

1 Like

amazing that CRWD is only down 14%

1 Like

https://x.com/US_Stormwatch/status/1814268813879206397?t=VXNqP-4o-0hzNRC9euGrtQ&s=19

Has Elon told us who should be fired?

4 Likes

they probably marketed that as a feature of their product. You as a consumer get to treat us like a black box, dont have to worry about using any of your own manpower/resources just pay your bill every month and we will take care of the rest.

1 Like

LOL windows

2 Likes
1 Like

Just immediately I assume that their liability is in the billions.

We’d need to see their contracts, this isn’t unforeseeable so I wouldn’t be surprised if they limited their liability as much as possible.

the concern has to be much more about future sales and contract renewals

1 Like

Seems to point out how vulnerable the global infrastructure is. This is unlikely the only point of massive failure out there.

Weird to do 12 hours instead of 24, how much of that time lapse is just due to nighttime

1 Like

Full day for comparison.

But note it’s from April 1 2018. Also the tweeted timelapse could be filtered for just commercial traffic or something. :man_shrugging:t4:

This is fake but a good metaphor for the state of the world

4 Likes

Not fake

4 Likes

451872785_10227399787364286_3161853328383551844_n

1 Like