2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

We actually have tested out wok cooking specifically. We booked a particular AirBnB one time to do so. I don’t think it was on the Frigidaire we ended up buying, but just to see how it’d do in general with reverse searing steaks in a cast iron pan, over easy eggs in a nonstick pan, and with a wok stir fry. I have a flat bottomed wok already, so it worked. On our gas stove now, the hottest burner, which is the one you pretty much have to use for things to be hot enough, the radius of the flame is just a little wider than the radius of the flattened circle of the wok (I know some have burners with concentric flames, but we don’t have that), so it’s kinda annoying that the hottest part of the wok is the circle around the bottom rather than the bottom itself. The induction stove heated the whole flat bottom ripping hot, which I thought worked a lot better. Might need to get a torch for wok hei, but I don’t think I’m going to miss the gas stove at all.

Finally gonna make an honest woman out of my gf later today, followed by a weeklong honeymoon in…New York City??? I wonder if ‘Gypsy’ is still running.

25 Likes

That’s what we converted from and it was a small difference.

2024 World Matchplay (darts) is underway and runs from July 13-21. This is the second biggest tournament in darts after the World Championship. Only four matches today but it heats up tomorrow. Appears PlutoTV will be showing this for free. The paid options (PDC.tv / DAZN) don’t have the betting overlay.

1 Like

damn LM I was reading fast and my eyes combined your handle with the event and I 100% sat up straight and thought woah world matchplay at lawndarts sweet didn’t know that was a thing ok you son of a bitch i’m in. Always did feel that lawn darts should be one of the nouns in rhythmic gymnastics with the ribbon and the ball

1 Like

Bonne Fete Nationale!

2 Likes

Somebody stole my car. If it was one of you, I’m sorry for trumplarping, just give it back you monster

2 Likes

Congrats and roll tide

2 Likes

https://x.com/kyslandd/status/1812588231730282521?t=L_t8cunuUvM7l3walmrTTQ&s=19

2 Likes

TIL that “rizz” comes from “charisma”.

11 Likes

Boomer thread is thataway.

8 Likes

I’m still shocked that SMH isn’t So Much Hubris…

1 Like

Not regretting the marriage, to be clear. But am regretting every other life decision I have ever made that led us to this trip. :poop: :poop: :poop:

You picked a brutal week to visit here, that’s for sure

Oh yeah? Thanks for the heads up. I’ll keep that in mind if we ever fucking make it up there!

People who work in restaurants inside of airports = the most miserable people in the US besides me

I’d be miserable too if I had to deal with the flying public day in and day out. Flying seems to bring out the worst in people. (Typing this as I sit in an airport wishing the parents near me would do something about their screaming child.)

1 Like

i’ve worked rizz into every conversation longer than a few seconds with my step daughter. getting cheesier as i go, too. :muscle:t3:

4 Likes

How old? My 15 year old son has numbed to rizz, but “skibidi” still destroys him every time.

4 Likes

13-year old, and the most social of butterflies :rofl:

2 Likes