2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

I’m looking forward to the new Apple email to use AI to make a two line summary of your email instead of just showing the first two lines.

1 Like

I’m forced to use it. :rage:

1 Like

This is a classic in old outlook.

I use the search box a lot. Often I start typing but maybe I’ve clicked somewhere else. I just see emails disappear as some shortcut takes effect. I’ve got no idea what email moved, where it went, or how to get it back.

1 Like

https://x.com/onecuteassnigga/status/1811520288376402076

I assume this is real.

That flight attendant:

4 Likes

Nah I don’t

1 Like

Good on WGN (or Peoplemag) for putting notorious tinkler NEIL MCCARTHY’s name in the headline of their report about his malfeasance.

I’ve been researching house appliances and my biggest takeaway is that everything sucks? Anyone have a fridge, dishwasher, washer, dryer, stove they love?

1 Like

The fifth American who was arrested in the Turks and Caicos Islands in recent months for having ammunition in her bag was fined $1,500 and given a suspended sentence of 23 weeks Thursday, the court confirmed to CBS News. Sharitta Grier, a grandmother from Florida, went to the British territory on a surprise Mother’s Day vacation that ended with her in custody when authorities found two bullets in her carry-on bag as she was trying to go home.

Why? How? How are so many people with ammunition in their luggage going to one island?

I think you’re right that everything sucks, or at least can suck. Everybody appears to love Bosch dishwashers, so I bought the highest-rated one and had endless problems. And then Bosch told me to kick rocks because I didn’t have it on its own dedicated circuit. Replaced it with a Maytag that’s been great.

I started buying the most base model possible for all appliances because all the electronic touchpad shit you don’t want always breaks and costs a fortune to fix.

4 Likes

most recent appliance for us was a Miele dishwasher just before the pandemic and that chit has been awesome. 5 stars

Dude, they’re just appliances, not vehicles or anything super expensive. I think they’re all pretty similar at their respective price points. Just buy what looks decent in your budget that has the features you want.

Look into an induction stove.
Miele for dishwasher

Same. Bosch dw didn’t last as long as the cheap one has. The Bosch was really quiet though. That was nice.

1 Like

I’m about to pull the trigger on a new fridge because I’m tired of fixing my samsung.

I think I’ve settled on this Maytag:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Maytag-25-cu-ft-Standard-Depth-French-Door-Refrigerator-in-Fingerprint-Resistant-Stainless-Steel-MRFF4136RZ/328682914

A dude on reddit works for whirlpool/maytag/kitchenaid and gave me an insider pass so I can get it for $1150.

I can probably hook you up with the dude if you have a reddit account. Let me know if you want me to.

Fridges are all a mess now and unless you’re buying a subzero it’s all a crap shoot. BUT, Samsung and LG are the worst of the bunch. Maytag/whirlpool/kitchenaid and GE seem to be the top of the pile but it’s really a pile of shit. The best advice is buy a fridge with the least amount of features. Water/ice in the door is almost guaranteed to break.

1 Like

Whoops. Also I just replaced our dishwasher. Had a great dishwasher before. Lots of features, was really beautiful. The only issue it had is it didn’t clean dishes.

Replaced with a Bosch 800 series and it’s been life changing. So at least for dishwashers, spring for a bosch.

1 Like

I’m about to buy a washer/dryer pair. Surface-level internet searching generally seemed to recommend LG

I’ve got LG. It has been reliable and good. Before that we had Electrolux which was also reliable (lasted 10 yrs) and good.

1 Like