2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

yeah I haven’t read her in forever but she’s a considered a writer’s writer and master of short stories, general vibe is everyday human complexity in small-town canada, biased towards empathy. I haven’t read links yet but huge bummer if true. In other news can you believe Cosby happened? Still feels like the ultimate example of, well, many things

Yes. I can’t imagine how many of histories heroes were predators. How easy do you think it was to get away with stuff in the 15th century (or whenever). Heck, a lot of that was normalized. I sadly can imagine what being a boy on a ship was like back then.

1 Like

Dawn wall is great too. Also Honnald’s most recent doc called arctic assent is really good.

1 Like

The Alpinist is a great climbing doc, solo climbing ice and rock walls with ice axes and such.

I went through a faze of watching every climbing doc I could find for a while, watching them hits me really hard for some reason.

1 Like

Same. I’ve seen most of these.

Top five are in exact order I would put them too.

No one is saying it’s easy (well maybe one person) but many people believe it’s like the pinnacle of mountaineering achievement. Most of the 8,000’ers are tackled by people who have spent their lives building up the necessary skills and experience to summit those peaks. Everest can literally be done by someone in great shape with beginner mountaineering skills, and enough spare cash of course. Everest has been summited by a 13 year old and a blind person.

I wish we could embed FB videos. Anyway this is really wild - a river of rock flowing downhill.

1 Like

https://www.ultimatekilimanjaro.com/mount-everest-bodies-left-dead-frozen-at-the-top/

insane. some of their bodies have been up there for decades and are considered landmarks for other climbers.

https://x.com/atdanwhite/status/1810701493219328378

7 Likes

With hours to go in the TV theme tournament we currently have a tie between The Twilight Zone and Peter Gunn, so get over there and cast your votes!

1 Like

Something is wrong with the bracket.

2 Likes

I do not have access to that and @MrWookie is on the road with family, so I’d say with so few themes left just go by the thread.

1 Like

I think the bracket is right but what you just posted is wrong. Peter Gunn is up against Twilight Zone.

1 Like

Ah yes, you are right. Corrected!

2 Likes

Went to resolve the tie and instead I think I re-tied it, oops

Cool bracket

1 Like

You got my hopes up for Rawhide. Bastard.

1 Like
3 Likes
1 Like

Spoiler alert!

2 Likes