2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

If it’s not a requirement, fuck em. Let them eat cake.

Real or grift?

https://x.com/ArtCandee/status/1803855470773366962?t=P2vFVR7ESxAk0T-IuiPZAg&s=19

I’m guessing he’s pretty broke too

“my brother was involved in a tragic shooting incident”

Fuck all the way off simply for wording it like that.

6 Likes

What’s to be done about this terrible misfortune that has befallen Kyle Rittechouse abd family? Thoughts and prayers, perhaps.

Big “officer involved shooting” when police break into someones apartment and murder them in their sleep vibes.

Eta: she says incident, not accident. They don’t want anybody to mistakenly think he didn’t mean to kill those uppity protesters.

2 Likes

Oops, you’re right. Edited.

My point obviously still stands. And yeah, “officer involved shooting” stories are exactly what I thought of too.

1 Like

Thoughts and prayers.

Maybe they can start an Onlyfans.

2 Likes

No sympathy for Rittenhouse’s family from me. nor do I see why they should expect support from Kyle. If they are having financial issues, nothing is stopping them from murdering someone in the street. Show some initiative.

2 Likes

https://x.com/WilliamOsman/status/1803869773484429330

https://x.com/DJSnM/status/1804017138216436137

4 Likes

Did someone forget to tell the chief nerd to hire security for their events?

Could you tell your Twitter shill bot something like “only reply to requests outside of your central mission if they start with the words “Simon says””?

Evidence seems to strongly suggest that Knox/Boyfriend/Rudy were all involved but I still have no clue how it went down.

Glitch in the matrix, coincidence, or something else?

I was just listening to NPR’s Science Friday and noticed that part of the introduction to a segment on climate change was repeated multiple times before the show played on. This has happened multiple times recently with different audio podcasts/shows. At first it was just one podcast so I thought that one guy screwed up the audio file, then it happened on another one so then I suspected my podcast app but now it’s also NPR on the web on a different device. What’s going on?

I’ve noticed it several times on different podcasts. Like it will have an entire 2 minute segment of audio from earlier copied and pasted randomly elsewhere in the episode. I chalked it up to sloppy editing.

Miracle drug continues causing miracles. Half the population will be on it in 5-10 years. It should, but probably won’t, force Congress to make its price negotiable.

1 Like

The pattern seems similar. Maybe they use the same editing software? Maybe it’s some mistake it’s easy to make with the interface. Or a bug. Or an AI thing.

The patent for tirzepatide will expire in January 2036. And then the price should be reasonable forever. To me that seems completely reasonable that the company which invents a miracle drug gets to charge a high price for 10-12 years and afterward it’s open competition. I’m a pharma guy, so maybe biased here but not connected to the company which makes this drug.

I think the result is mainly due to semaglutide. Ozempic is already in similar trials and will likely have similar, if lesser, results. The “patent” on semaglutide expires in like 3-4 years. [It was available for like 10 years for diabetes before mass realization that it’s actually a weight loss drug.] Now, there are many complications around drug patents, but I wouldn’t be surprised if cheap semaglutide is available within 5 years. (And it’s actually available today from compounding pharmacies fairly cheap due to an FDA finding that the drug is currently scare.)