2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

they are actually human traffickers not home invaders. and you should go outside and look at your mailbox because if there is a scratch on it then your home has been marked.

my sister’s cousin’s uncle’s friend was taken the same way.

5 Likes

Bilbo eventually found his way back though.

1 Like

If there’s a heatwave why do I feel like putting on a sweatshirt?

Possible. The fact that an elevator full of people failed to react is a little suss. I could see how it’s fake. Why does someone hate macys so much.

1 Like

7 Likes

I guess I’m getting old. I have the A/C set for 76 currently, and I’m comfortable in gym shorts and a golf shirt.

The AC is off and will probably stay off all summer. The high today is supposed to be 70 F. Brrrr

i rent and dont pay electric, so mine is set at 71 with the fan on because i have a bunch of west facing windows that make the place super hot… but also it’s going to mid 90’s here for the next two weeks at least.

1 Like

Moved into a finished basement and haven’t seen it get above 68 yet and I’m loving it, lets me live in my sweats just like during Covid!

5 Likes

Sometimes I go into my basement when I’m not in a room on my first floor or my second floor.

1 Like

My basement is ridiculously cold in the summer even though I’ve shut all of the air duct vents down there to try and get the AC air upstairs where it’s usually 15° warmer. Doesn’t work :harold:

On a day where the AC has been running a good amount it can be sub 60F down there.

Seems like there must be a duct leaking air or something

If there’s no door to the basement, the cold air will just flow down there.

Yeah it’s an open basement, the floor above the stair run is cut out and open to the main level. I guess it’s probably just that simple. Stupid fancy design.

The vents down here are closed and I don’t plan on touching them, tried to get vent covers for them, but the damn things aren’t magnetic. Everyone else is on the 2nd floor and I guess it still gets warm up there. We’ll see how it is in the winter, hopefully the same, who doesn’t like blankets?

The department said that the LVMPD Search and Rescue, a volunteer organization, had spotted the object over the weekend near the Gass Peak trail, which is about 16 miles north of Las Vegas and part of the Desert National Wildlife Refuge.

The Las Vegas column is not the only monolith that has attracted attention in recent years after having appeared seemingly out of nowhere, stumping officials and residents and stirring curiosity.

In March, a man who was a resident of Hay-on-Wye in Powys, Wales, woke up to take a routine walk around Hay Bluff, only to find a silver monolith that he said appeared to have been made from surgical steel.

In 2020, a three-sided metal monolith, about 10 to 12 feet tall, was found at the base of a barren slot canyon in Red Rock Country in Utah. The Utah Department of Public Safety shared the finding, calling it an “unusual object” spotted in southeastern Utah during a survey with the state wildlife agency.

That same year, a 10-foot monolith was found under the Fremont Street Experience canopy in downtown Las Vegas, according to The Las Vegas Review-Journal. In both cases, the authorities did not know the origins of the monoliths

1 Like

Likely just some Banksy-esque art thing, right? You’d think the one on Freemont would have been caught being placed on 6,000 cameras though.

It is a federal holiday today.

Do you have to work on Juneteenth?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Bastard
0 voters

I don’t have to, but I’m still working a half day.

1 Like

Do I have to? No. Am I? Yes, because it’s easier to get things done with no one around.

1 Like

I’m freelance, so I’m working. My wife has off, but she seems to be in our home office working right now.