2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

Yellow or green are fine. Stay away from red, purple, blue, etc. Soup broth is good if youre craving some flavor. Non red or purple gummy bears if you need to chew on something.

1 Like
6 Likes

Just black it means

Yeah this

Day 2 of poker tournament starting. Hoping to last more than 15 minutes.

8 Likes

I think this is right. Never heard limited to colorless.

yeah this. it’s a few hrs (ok quite a few) but you’ll survive

1 Like

Didn’t realize that the blinds started much lower today (2k, 4k, 4k ante) than they had ended on Friday (20k BB). Stack was 45k. Folded until JJ>A8 for a double.

Moved tables, BB at 6k. Raised 15k in mid-position with 77. All folded, BB called. BB bet out 20k on random flop, I pushed. His unpaired QJ made a 4 flush on river. Standard.

My thinking was I didn’t want to play with a short stack for a few hours when the money wasn’t moving up much until top 18. Cashed for $450, buyin was $245.

9 Likes

Why would the blinds be lower?

When putting air in car tires, car running or car not running, what say you? DuckDuckGo is giving me both answers. (Doesn’t make a difference is probably the answer.)

Why would it matter at all? When I’ve done it at a gas station the car is usually running, if I’m doing it at home then off.

1 Like

Basically, because there were like 12 smaller tournaments to qualify for today, where the top 12% of each tournament advanced. Each feeder would be at different blind levels, so they just began today at 4k BB.

1 Like

Omg, I just started drinking the prep. Last time I had golytely and mixed it with Gatorade and it wasn’t too bad. This time it’s suprep and it’s fucking horrible. I don’t know how I can choke all this down. It’s such a terrible chemical taste.

Well the good news is it won’t be with you for long.

3 Likes

It wouldn’t have of occurred to me to even ask it as a question, but the first sentence of the instructions to my tire inflator is “Ensure your car engine is running before you use it.” I’m guessing that what was implied was that you were using car battery to run the inflator. I’m using a battery pack.

1 Like

I’m almost throwing up trying to drink this stuff. Don’t ever choose Suprep if they give you a choice.

It’s possible that’s the best tasting option

I didn’t have to drink a special prep solution, IIRC it was some Miralax tablets at the beginning and then a ton of powdered Miralax in Gatorade.

Taral Patel, the Democratic candidate for Fort Bend Precinct 3 Commissioner, was arrested by Texas Rangers and is being charged with Online Impersonation and Misrepresentation of Identity.

Authorities allege that Patel spent months sending a stream of racist and derogatory comments to himself, impersonating a supporter of incumbent Republican Commissioner Andy Meyers.

Patel previously posted a collage of hateful comments ostensibly sent by Meyers supporters, claiming the messages represented a “deep and misguided fear” among the Republican Party.

“As your Democratic candidate for County Commissioner, I am always open to criticism of my policy positions and stances on issues,” Patel said in the September 2023 post on Facebook. “However, when my Republican opponents supporters’ decide to hurl racist, anti-immigrant, Hinduphobic, or otherwise disgusting insults at my family, faith community, colleagues, and me - that crosses a line.”

No I did one before and you mixed golytely powder with Gatorade. It was a bunch of volume but it didn’t taste like poison.