2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

I am getting at least a dozen political fundraising texts a day. I block/mark as spam on them all but they keep coming. Most in the fashion of “YOU ARE THE LAST DEMOCRAT IN CALIFORNIA TO RESPOND, WHY ARE YOU IGNORING JOE BIDEN???”

1 Like

I thought that was going to be something funny. It was just scary and sad.

I only get one a day. You must have donated to a lot of stuff.

Seeing the new sleep doctor and this is the top page of the packet I’m supposed to fill out.

I guess I can understand this, since they don’t want to try to explain the various brain waves and implications for treatment over the phone.

It’s not like patients are waiting anxiously to find out if they have a brain tumor or not.

https://x.com/CollinRugg/status/1800951781117264048

I don’t know about the “I love America” part in regards to the paragraph above it, but definitely lol.

2 Likes

Tucker Carlson is coming to Fort Worth, but at it’s not worth the 55 dollar ticket.

1 Like

I can understand that, sure. If my first doctor had said “you need to come to the office in order to get your results, how’s tomorrow at 10AM?” I would have been fine. But it was 10 weeks.

Doctor is prescribing BiPAP, now I just have to go through the equipment procurement process with the insurance, but hopefully can get started soon.

1 Like

Not even if you get paid $55.

It’s 100% billing/reimbursement stuff, and it shouldn’t result in a months long delay which was the issue here earlier

Why would it be related to reimbursement? I hope you’re not suggesting that the lab is withholding the results until the insurance payment arrives.

At least pre Covid Doctor explaining it over phone and answering questions for 20 minutes probably gets paid zero dollars for that time and they probably don’t think it’s best practice to just send everyone a report because then 90% of people will call with questions

I agree with you completely. I thought CN was implying that some labs won’t schedule face-to-face appointments to give test results until the bill for the original procedure gets paid.

1 Like

I’m certain they get paid more for explaining results at an official visit

Edit: oic. They aren’t withholding to get payment, just to get another visit for more payment. It’s not as bad but still bs imo

I’m not disagreeing. But none of this explains the 10 week delay for LFS to receive an appointment.

Maybe this lab is just poorly run or doesn’t give two shits about patient welfare if they impose these types of delays on patients AFTER the clinic has already gotten paid for the sleep study.

I think it’s as simple as:

1. Only give results in person in order to get more money, also it’s a pain in the ass to deal with all the questions that would come from sending results via email or doing it over the phone.

2. Calendar is full, so the next available appointment is in 10 weeks.

After I decided to ditch the initial doctor I called 5-6 other options. Several weren’t taking new patients at all and several more had wait times as long as the original doctor. I would say that it’s irresponsible to take new patients that you can’t actually treat in a timely manner, but I’ve been told there just aren’t enough doctors in LA to treat everybody, so this is the result.

I had to wait for follow ups the couple times I did it. But I saw the doctor within a week if I remember.

Do you even know if #1 is relevant in this situation?

For surgeries, at least, the follow-up appointments are often no-charge, presumably to ensure that patients don’t have a financial excuse to skip follow-ups.

I’d be curious enough if I were you to contact my insurance to ask if they were already paid in full for both procedure and follow-up.

Edit: As someone who views himself as an ethical provider, it’s also galling to assume that they never told you when you scheduled your sleep study about the 10 week delay for the results.

If you start calling every day I bet they have cancellations and can squeeze you in. If nothing else to get you to stop calling.

I don’t understand. Is it supposed to be illegal?