2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

Also in Baraboo. Coincidence? I think not.

3 Likes

Well thereā€™s an angle I never thought of.

Iā€™m guessing time served only applies to the same incident/case? Law bros?

You get time served credit for crimes before the exoneration, but not after. You donā€™t get a free roll to commit more crimes

Microbet, abort mission! Repeat, ABORT MISSION!

3 Likes

I suddenly find myself needing to receive 100s of faxes a day when I travel. Can anybody recommend a service?

WTF - who the fuck creates shill accounts for FAX SERVICES? Like is that even still a thing any more?

5 Likes

free Vad

2 Likes

I actually have a fax number at work for reasons and Iā€™ve literally never got a fax that wasnā€™t an obvious scam.

The OOT Knox thread is unironically one of my all time favorite things on the internet and a true testimate to the power of collaboration. I spent years fruitlessly trying to figure out a way to troll that thread but those guys left absolutely no meat on the bone. I actually know a guy who archives web pages for a living and it took all my self control to not point him towards that thread for preservation (the similarly brilliant ā€œpoker moviesā€ thread was deleted years ago). I honestly think it should go in one of those alien gift boxes they put in the Voyager spacecrafts.

7 Likes

My favorite is an advertisement we get for tarot card reading and fortune telling services offered over fax

I use Faxage.com. Barebones but it works. No complaints.

Faxing should have been obsolete like 2 decades ago. LOL that itā€™s still a thing.

1 Like

My wife works in insurance and said itā€™s still used in the medical industry in some instances for security reasons. Youā€™d think they could just have a secure electronic system (MyChart!), but whatever.

Iā€™ve had to send/receive faxes a handful of times in the last few years. I think I created a free trial on efax, which was fine. Also used a free mobile app called FaxBurner, which basically creates a burner fax number you can give to someone if they need to send you something. And you can type a fax message in the app or, if itā€™s more complicated and involves attachments, send an e-mail to a special address than sends a fax to the number you specify. Probably a bad option for someone who needs to use it a lot, but it was ok for a one-off.

8t0yri

11 Likes

Wonder what other phrases can get random accounts to shill for their products

Iā€™m heading out of town for the weekend. How can I manage my ICQ?

3 Likes

Does anyone know anyplace where I could get personalized SEO services for my website?

1 Like

Looking for some advice on penis enlargement, thanks in advance

Oh wait you guys were joking

12 Likes

I had to send a fax requesting a lein release to the bank that my old car loan was through. The loan had been paid off years ago and they made it sound like the record was in some dingy archive that apparently hadnā€™t acquired 21st centruy technology.

You laugh but I think ICQ only closed up shop a few years ago.

Edit: damn, no, itā€™s still up!