2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

Hot honey is the elite pizza topper.

8 Likes

I think hot honey is the new thing, Iā€™ve been seeing it all over the place recently. That said, the place near me has a hot honey pepperoni pizza that is really damn good.

I canā€™t do sweet and savory. Like sweet and sour pork makes me want to vomit.

Sometimes Iā€™ll be OK with a barbecue sauce with a bit of sweetness, but that is about as far as Iā€™m able to go.

Hot Honey? You mean Yonkers style?

1 Like

Iā€™m sure they offer Ranch or whatever you prefer.

That might not be worse, but itā€™s close.

The pizza itself looks fine.

To be serious, I think garlic butter or something on the crust would be good.

If you asked me to imagine what ā€œColorado Styleā€ pizza might be I never would have guessed that it was basically just a giant loaf of bread.

However, if you asked me to imagine ā€œAltoona Pennsylvania Styleā€ I would have basically gotten it right:

3 Likes

What in the absolute fuck is that?

2 Likes

It appears to be several slices of bell pepper trying to escape a cocoon of Kraft cheese.

3 Likes

tl;dr
Sicilian-style pizza dough, American cheese, sliced green bell pepper and cooked deli style salami with peppercorns.

Place I worked at in college called the whole wheat crust ā€œDenverā€. Honey was for the crust.

Great pizza.

It is very good, usually the crust to pie ratio isnā€™t so meager as in that pic and there is much more pizza than crust.

Honey for the crust, not the pizza.

1 Like

American Pie style?

4 Likes

Places that leave 3 inches of plain crust on the pizza can fuck off. Spread all the good shit out to the edges.

3 Likes

https://x.com/MattBruenig/status/1796622466548191637

1 Like

pam-joy

1 Like

@ctr123 FWIW, there is a Singaporian Ministry of Transport preliminary report out now.

d. At 07:49:40 hr, the aircraft experienced a rapid change in G as recorded vertical acceleration decreased from +ve 1.35G to negative (-ve) 1.5G, within 0.6 sec. This likely resulted in the occupants who were not belted up to become airborne.

This doesnā€™t have the level of detail I wanted to see but at least itā€™s official. They evidently have data with a higher sample rate than is available from flightradar24. Apparently they have data from accelerometers; thatā€™s not part of whatā€™s at flightradar.

This is probably where the Sky news numbers came from:

e. At 07:49:41 hr, the vertical acceleration changed from -ve 1.5G to +ve 1.5G within 4 sec. This likely resulted in the occupants who were airborne to fall back down.

f. The rapid changes in G over the 4.6 sec duration resulted in an altitude drop of 178 ft, from 37,362 ft to 37,184 ft. This sequence of events likely caused the injuries to the crew and passengers.

1 Like

My ex-wife was once treating a young woman who was extremely fearful. One of her fears was that gravity would all of a sudden just stop being in effect and everybody would fly off the Earth.

4 Likes