2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

Guillotines for all countries.

It is kind of weird that people are evaluating permanent exile from the U.S. in terms of food and weather. Let alone in terms of sexual-assault victimization risk.

How so? Those seem like pretty foundational elements of everyone’s hierarchy of needs.

If I want good weather I’ll just go to the appropriate room in my mega mansion tyvm.

1 Like

I’m probably taking the billion and moving to India. It’s a massive country and I assume very diverse geographically, you aren’t going to be spending your time in the slums unless that’s your thing.

This area seems pretty cool, any of our India travelers ever been?

I think climate concerns are valid for reasons beyond access to AC. Even a billionaire in the mountains is going to eat some QoL changes when hot zone infrastructure fails, sends the government into disarray, and dumps millions of people into desperation.

It’s nice, but again not great beaches. Fort Kerala is a somewhat fun colonial-ish town. Best fish curry I’ve ever had.

But don’t expect any of your usual Indian favorites like chicken tikka masala or saag paneer to be served that far south. Only place I found them was in a utilitarian restaurant near the train station. It was still really good, but clearly not the food of that region. The filter coffee is insanely good though. Chai is really good too.

1 Like

Get me to hawaii immediately

2 Likes

This should help the subsequent conversation more productive.

2 Likes

I know we have some Norwegian members in our community and i loathe stereotypes but shame on you people for what you’ve done to hot dogs

2 Likes

Lefse hotdog, never thought about doing that :vince2:

I’ve spent a decent amount of time in Hawaii and never noticed or thought about eating a hot dog there. I’d get down with the one in that picture though.

Added a template:

1 Like

2 Likes

Chicago dog still the GOAT.

2 Likes

What’s the deal with this interstate exit in Seattle?

I grew up outside Seattle and the only thing we put on dogs that was fancy was chili. Otherwise it was at most Mustard, Ketchup, and Relish.

Damn it I knew I forgot something

I don’t know if Beeny Weeny counts as a “hot dog” since it wasn’t eaten on bread, but it was generally better than a hot dog.

Seattle dog should be way higher.

1 Like

Never heard of beeny weeny but a spicy stew with cut up hot dogs doesn’t sound bad, actually.