2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

All over Rome there were tons of fountains with people drinking from them constantly. Ditto Florence, and a park right near our Airbnb had a machine with chilled flat and sparkling water. Just went to look at that park on Google maps because I would like to live there, here’s a photo with one guy filling up his water bottles and another in line

Same thing was true in Switzerland with the fountains, although it didn’t seem as popular as in Italy.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Articles-lswAKFHO7jkY-Drinking_fountains_in_rome.html

1 Like

Thanks. I had no idea. I haven’t been to those countries in about 30 yrs.

I don’t remember seeing anything like that in more recent trips to France and Spain.

I assume you’re still paying for water in restaurants in those places, right?

Not if you ask for still water.

France has almost 0 public restrooms or drinking fountains. Nice to see Italy is a lot better.

Oh man I love that burn.

It’s so true too. It recently hit me how little Americans walk in a single day compared to people in Europe. I was honestly getting cooped up when I last visited due to the lack of physical activity and I’m not some outdoorsy person either.

So true. I have no idea how that shit got popular here.

club soda is hyper elite, Perrier/San Peligrino/Costco’s store-brand SannyP is also hyper elite, sorry to hear yall a bunch of philistines

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/MarioNawfal/status/1777008458170003621

The FAA was investigating the incident.

Probably needs a dedicated thread.

Sparkling water is like if someone was tasked with making life giving delicious water taste like ass.

3 Likes

There are different versions of sparkling water. Here we usually have medium which tastes like ass and fizzy which I love.

A little sparkling water here or there is a nice refresher and a change of pace. It’s good with an espresso.

According to that Tripadvisor story the nasoni have been around since the late 19th century. I think it’s possible it wasn’t something people talked about to tourists, as it is a bit of adjustment to fill your bottle from a seemingly-random pipe emerging from the street.

I have heard about this before actually. First on this podcast which Lucas talks about it. Then he explains someone put a fake person on the card, so they cancelled his card. He said fuck that and decided to not pay the card…

[00:13:18] Lucas: Okay.I hate paying interest, absolutely hate paying interest. So all my credit cards, I leverage them to make money so I would buy houses with them, rental properties with credit cards.

[00:13:36] Ramit: Huh? Okay, sorry. Go on.

[00:13:38] Lucas: Okay. So I would buy houses with them. I would do marketing sales.

[00:13:41] I would also take trips as well on them, but I’d always, almost always get them off. There was a point in time where I used to make money off of my credit cards by having people on the credit cards as an authorized user, and I was literally getting $50 a month from each person that I added on my credit card.

[00:13:59] The limit was 60,000 on one card, 20,000 on another. And my balance was always low. It was less than a 1,000. So I would literally make money off of my credit cards. They were giving me cashflow. Something happened where one of the people that I put on was a fake person. They had fake social security and IDs and all that. So the card cancelled me.

[00:14:21] And I was like, I’m not paying the card if you just cancelled me. Why am I going to pay the balance if you cancel me and tell me I can’t use the card anymore? Okay, let it go to collection. So I let all of that go to collection, all of it go to charge off, and I said, I’m just going to start over. And around that time is when Trin and I met and we started getting into our relationship and get it better, I had to sell all of my rental properties because I had mismanaged them.

What these folks are doing is reckless imo, but $50 is $50… I have added my partner as an authorized user though, so… it works?

If you are poly maybe you can get enough partners to make it worthwhile.

I hated sparkling water until, dunno, like 10 years ago, but now I like it.

Yeah I was diagnosed with fatty liver and had to simultaneously give up alcohol and sugar while losing weight. Mineral water was the right thing and once I got used to it I kept the habit. I usually get the Kirkland brand or Topo Chico on my Costco runs.

I don’t drink fizzy water in place of water, I drink it in place of soda and beer

flavored sparkling water is amazing.

During a meal in Bangkok, I ordered an Evian water that was (unbeknownst to me at the time) more expensive than my entree.

Well, in Bangkok, I’d order bottled water 100% of the time.