2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

Yeah but Studio 54 and the good cocaine vs. whatever shitty Vegas nightclub you wind up in in 2024.

Oh I forgot about quaaludes. Tuff call.

2 Likes

Curious as to why it seems like you think being rich in '74 would be better than being rich now? I can kinda see how being rich post pill and pre AIDS would be a pretty sweet spot, but, otoh, I think youā€™d have the same gold digger issue in that time, and 2024 has some pretty cool stuff to blow your money on that didnā€™t exist in '74.

The 70s just looked a lot more fun than now, other than all the pubic hair. I could lose that.

Iā€™m single with no kids. I make enough money for basically all of my needs. I donā€™t want to be rich. Nothing about it appeals to me.

Iā€™m sure if I became rich Iā€™d feel differently, and suddenly Iā€™d really really need all that money to support my new lifestlye. Which is exactly why I donā€™t want to do it.

I guess so. The novelty/nostalgia factor probably holds less appeal for me as a gay woman, but the outfits and music were pretty sweetā€¦

You could be a trendsetter 20 years early

Oh I would. Iā€™d be introducing all my gold-digger Ukrainian underwear models to Brazilian wax. If it hasnā€™t been invented yet, Iā€™d invent it.

Morally I feel if I went back 50 years I would have to kill baby Hitler

5 Likes

Oh yeah, also imagine the cigarette smoke. That would hit someone from 2024 like a ton of bricks.

1 Like

I would definitely find a way to stop Trump.

Probably wanna hit that second grade maths class first.

1 Like

JFC I was 99% sure these were nonsense AI-generated bands until I saw Hanson. Iā€™m so old.

With the knowledge of 5 decades of advanced music, you could become a pop/rock/rap star. ****, you could invent rap.

Obvious move though would be owning the internet.

You could make ā€œThe Wireā€ as a Science Fiction show. How hilarious would that be?

1 Like

If you went back in time exactly 50 years, you could kill toddler Elon Musk.

1 Like

You could kill adult Henry Kissinger.

2 Likes

I would give John Hinckley some lessons in marksmanship.

Convince mark david chapman to obsess on trump instead of john lennon. Pay for john hinkley jrā€™s shooting lessons. Stock up on that good cocaine before drug dealers figure out they can stomp on it with impunity. The 80s could be a ball

2 Likes

If you went back or forward in time 50 years theres a real good chance youā€™d be poor, though. I donā€™t buy that itā€™s some certainty that youā€™d be able to get rich from inventing things or sports betting. It might work, but I donā€™t think itā€™s a question of being rich vs not, I think itā€™s a question of being poor vs not.