2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

I saw The Cult in San Antonio (2010ish) and then ran into them the next day at the airport.

They were flying Southwest.

3 Likes

Beats a van I guess.

https://twitter.com/MazMHussain/status/1763072994044186876?t=DCklupdph_Mg7c71RypAkg&s=19

Huh that seems right

LOL was reading Sapiens last night just at the part where Harari argues that Communism should be considered a religion.

Kind of funny how the George Bush, in response to 9-11, created fertile ground for a Wahhabist state to take hold in Iraq. Also, as bad of a guy as MBS is, he is at least pushing SA (and thus the Arab world) away from Wahhabism. It’s not like there was some US led victory over Wahhabism in Saudi Arabia.

Ha, they’re bringing Islamofascism back!

I don’t know how many people understand that the Ba’ath Party was a secularist party.

1 Like
1 Like

Nz no leap your gas.

https://x.com/JoshMaroney/status/1763274843624006108?s=20

Preview must be AI-based.

4 Likes

First part of our Honeymoon last Summer was seeing them.

Matt had his head on my shoulders while singing Day I Die (which I remarked "wish they werent playing this one when it began).

10/10 concert

I don’t think I’ve read a press release article that made me so white hot with rage I was actually seeing cross eyed.

2 Likes

yeah that article was a doozy. wow

I still can’t get my HP printer to believe it’s connected to the internet, so it won’t let me print. Printed something one day, then 20 seconds later, went to print another document and suddenly it said it wasn’t connected. I’ve since pulled out my old Brother printer and connect it to my laptop with a cable when I need it. Will probably go buy one with wifi and get rid of the HP.

Awesome. They were great in Bris. Lot of talk on Reddit that Matt was drunk to start the show. If he was my friend and i didnt notice. Better a slightly too drunk Matt than a slightly too sober Matt, imo. The venue in Bris was awesome, my new fave in Australia.

Tonight is reserved seating (but i assume everyone will stand) and were off to the side, but close to the front. Its in around three hours. Theyre playing two shows here so I’m interested if we get a different setlist, as for cities with two shows recently they have been playing no repeats on the two nights.

Forget ramen — what the hell is going on with movie prices? These are matinee tickets for Pete’s sake

1 Like

Just paid $22 for two Dune tickets at a fancy 21+ theater. If you don’t have an online account with them the tickets are like $5 more.

Took my niece to see Willy Wonka last month and it was like $40 for one adult and one child. I guess theaters are struggling to maintain revenue levels now that streaming services are ubiquitous. I only go to a movie in theaters like once a year at the very most, so it doesn’t bother me too much. Concession prices are a whole different kind of crazy though.

Thought you were talking about going to see the Wonka meme thing for a second and I lost my faculties.

2 Likes

Doesn’t help that the apps tack on fees.

Last time my wife and I went to a movie (American Fiction), we checked seat availability on the app, saw that there were plenty, and then bought in person to avoid fees.

I assume Hp just doesn’t want to sell printers. As long as all printer manufacturers don’t follow this insane path I will be okay.

They are the worst at trying to force a product as a service.