2023 NFL Gameday Thread: SUPER refBOWL!

I like the idea of 4th and 15, but I’m worried about how much pass interference could play a role in that.

1 Like

Yea 4th and 15 seems a little too easy, maybe it should be 4th and 25

Onside kick is at 5%. I’d say Mahomes has to be at least 25% to convert a 4th and 15 for the game.

Therefore this is a good and wise rule that should be implemented forthwith.

I assume normal rules apply. Which means most defensive penalties would be an automatic first down.

This just opens us up to even more ridiculous refball.

Hello? Obviously it should be 4th and 20

Gosh

2 Likes

AJ McCarron

Goddamn it

But absolutely done

So what’s your proposal for how to handle defensive holding on this special 4th and 20? Treat it like an offsides and replay the down at 4th and 15?

My proposal is to just do onside kicks but futz with those rules so we go back to about 10ish percent recovery rate. Maybe 15%.

RNG to determine whether you get the ball on your 40, or they get the ball on your 40

Who controls the RNG

chiefs get the ball in that spot in the Super Bowl 100%

1 Like

Hate the 4th and 15 thing.

Would it be possible for a team to score and take a 1 point lead with like a minute left and take the 4th and 15 then false start until the clock runs out?

1 Like

I would assume the clock is stopped after the score/change in possession, so in that case, the clock wouldn’t start on a false start.

I could see a scenario where a team takes a lead with a few seconds left and decides to do the 4th and 15 and then just have the QB run backwards to run out the clock, but that would be pretty risky. If there’s that little time left, might as well just kick it.

If that’s a problem they can make it an untimed down.

1 Like

The perfect way to do it IMO is make it always be 4th and 15 from the 25 after a score (not just when a team wants to go for retaining possession), meaning traditional kickoffs are replaced with punts. Get rid of what’s become the most pointless play in football, which the NFL wants to get rid of anyway due to disproportional injuries.

6 Likes

Team used one yesterday in a big comeback.

Clock runs on false starts with 10 minutes left in quarters. It stops in last X minutes of games.

The clock never runs on a false start when it was stopped to begin the play.