2023 NFL Gameday Thread: SUPER refBOWL!

HUNL, 100bb SNG for who gets possession. Get a new poker boom going

An easy fix for the team with the lead doing the 4th and 20 thing would be to only allow it when a team is trailing.

Onside kicks are awesome and shouldn’t be eliminated from the game unless we are talking about eliminating kickoffs altogether, which I guess might happen. It gives kickers something else to do. Just allow a run up on onside kicks.

I like the winners out 4th & 15 idea. The only issue I have is if it’s treated like a normal down a ticky tacky defensive holding call is now effectively a change of possession.

The penalty issue is big, I admit. It would have to be treated kinda like the unspoken rule that they’re never calling PI on hail mary plays etc.

Even on a Hail Mary, if a defender literally just grabs the receiver and drags then to the ground while the defender is in the air, the refs sometimes will call it. So the defender has to decide how much they can get away with.

Will the refs let defenders get away with more or less on a 4th and 15 than they do now on a hail mary? Lots of fun wiggle room for refball.

XFL should go back to its roots on the 4th and 15 play, literally no penalties on the defense except for personal fouls with intent to injure.

One would think on 3rd and 8 under 2 minutes the refs who hadn’t called a single DPI or DHolding penalty would let go a minor jersey tug that happens all the time.

So of course they would pick the 4th and 15 play to call it.

I personally love the idea since they are not going back to the old onsides kick rules due to player safety issues.

I am worried about the flag deal though. Maybe for the play, they would have the option of moving the ball up 5 or 10 yards and retry. I’d like the refs to have discretion that if was an egregious foul to award a spot foul or automatic first down.

Bump. Football tonight!

1 Like

either Lions get blown out or win to push the hype into the stratosphere and then lose like 5 of the next 8 right?

1 Like

20-0

I know Kelce’s great and all but just -4 at home against the Detroit Lions for Patrick Mahomes is insulting.

It’s because they are about to get rolled

Jones is holding out, Lions could establish on them

Let us NFL :tumbler_glass: :football:

NFL table read for the new season worth watching

lol, I forgot these fucking clowns did the tomahawk chop. Nuke it from orbit, it’s the only way to be sure.

My mom “I thought they weren’t allowed to do that anymore”

Me “You want people to complain about it so you can whine about how unfair that is”

fake punt inside his own 20

I love it

campbell is such a meathead but I kind of love him

1 Like