2023 NFL Gameday Thread: SUPER refBOWL!

And Gannon is now a head coach! Cardinals.

Bienemy again has no HC jobs left (iirc - I can’t think of a vacancy given colts and cardinals news today)

I’ll check it out.

Doesn’t have to be soccer or football. I’ve read stuff like this before about wrestling, snooker, werewolf/mafia, and of course poker. It’s all fascinating to me.

If you haven’t seen it, this is a GOAT documentary about a cheating scandal in Bridge.

1 Like

Fun film. But just for the record they were 100% cheats

2 Likes

Yah that seemed likely despite their many protestations

1 Like

“For Fisher and Schwartz, an unusual process led to their downfall. Brogeland invited people around the world to share tips about the scandal on a website. Eventually, a Swedish player named Per-Ola Cullin alleged that he had cracked the code used by Fisher and Schwartz, which he said involved the players placing the board in a certain way to illegally communicate with each other.

This was basically the first time, to my knowledge, in history that a cheating scandal was outsourced,” Sivan says. “You never heard local players saying, ‘I suspect Lance Armstrong is juicing. Please, internet community, look for the proof.’ Here was the first time they used crowdfunding, beehive brain, people from all over the world breaking down codes, chasing cheaters … It was totally self-policed.”

Not sure if the Abosolute/UB scandals weren’t community policed.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/TeamJuJu/status/1625590293306445824

4 Likes

You are correct. It’s a hold. I most likely was more mad about the game ending on play that isn’t exciting.

Giving up a TD there by letting the receiver go wide open is infinite EV over getting the holding penalty.

Not getting the ball back is game over.

The ref still should have eaten the flag.

At :17 is the best view I’ve seen on how much the hold changed the whole play by impeding JuJu and allowing the defender to pull himself back into position. You can’t see the tug, but you can see JuJu yanked backwards.

https://twitter.com/Jacobs71/status/1625765128095297536

Another angle, looks basically how you’d expect.

Meow chow

Few angry folks on radio (callers not hosts). Most of the blame goes on the D coaching-good luck w the Cardinals, Gannon.

It’s pretty damn simple. Essentially gave away 14 points. That punt decision, poor punt, and poor coverage was as good as a free 7.

Ending sucked. Giving up TD better than penalty. But not why Eagles lost.

https://twitter.com/paulhbk/status/1626025437401866241

Not sure what this is from, but it’s awesome.

1 Like

You know Suzzer, you almost have me convinced refs weren’t clearly favoring the Chiefs. One more angle and I think you’ve got it.

4 Likes

It will be interesting to see if the Chiefs can win a Super Bowl not officiated by Cheffers. I’m not seeing it.

I was thinking about to what I thought about the Chiefs after this week, and I came back to the CM Punk-John Cena 2011 Money in the Bank Promo

at the 2:26 time stamp

1 Like

Perfect

1 Like

Gimme a few hours. I’m fresh out at the moment.

Dealt to summarize

Was it holding. Probably

But that’s not the issue. When it favors the chiefs. It got called

In the semi finals on the game winning drive. Two chiefs held the cincy players so Mahomes could get out of the pocket and get smoked out of bounds to set up the game winner

Those refs didn’t call probably fouls because doing so would make the chiefs odds of scoring before OT about 0%

It’s not that the holding was so bad it’s the critical timing of it where it effectively ends the game

Similar to the 3rd and forever in the semis where the refs gave the chiefs a do over and everyone in the world knows a defensive holding is coming

Chiefs are a good team

But they also got gifted the semis and the refs just stole 30-40% win equity on a ticky tack foul that happens to benefit the future Tom Brady

2 Likes

I had no idea my wife was posting as TheHip41. She’s big into the next Tom Brady thing. (She grew up in Cinci).