2023 NFL Gameday Thread: SUPER refBOWL!

Lmfao ok. They lost the SB 38-35. What an awful football take.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1625285696612098049

Lol at any of these “Eagles are overrated/frauds/garbage” takes. They went 14-3 coming out of a division that sent 3 and nearly 4 teams to the playoffs. They played the Chiefs down to the wire.

I think they win on a better field because their pass rush was normally really strong but that field seemed to slow down both D lines.

Yeah maybe their offense is a bit 1 dimensional and might not work long term, but it worked all of past season.

1 Like

In MLB it supposedly doesn’t happen as much anymore. Teams generally all have the same offensive style and philosophy now, and supposedly the league monitors it some now where they used to not at all. It wasn’t considered cheating, just part of the game.

Examples include making the dirt in front of homeplate either a lake or dry and hard as a rock. Lengthening or shortening the infield grass. Changing the height of the lip in fair territory along the first and third baselines, and the distance between the foul line and that lip

Those are all basically to try to change how often or rarely ground balls and bunts turn into hits. Or how often bunts roll foul

1 Like

Cool!!! Is there a book or something on this? Or do you just have to be into sports enough to pick up on all of the angleshots?

Not sure there is a book that details them all. Just stuff that gets talked about (although some of it may probably wasn’t as common as claimed).

Another classic one is watering the infield dirt between first and second to slow down fast runners (this was supposedly very common for Rickey).

1 Like

Its pretty amazing that that shit happened to him regularly enough for people to know, and he still has more than Ichiro and Ty Cobb combined.

1 Like

That’s a topic that needs a better article.

1 Like

How do you figure? They lost to a great Chiefs team by 3. That Chargers team got mauled. There are many such blowouts in the super bowl.

Why Chiefs-Eagles was the greatest Super Bowl ever

Uhh, no. Not even close.

1 Like

That’s amazing.

I’ll do some searching but please lmk if you think of others. This would be a fun article or heck a YouTube channel.

that was not a “we’re going to stop the other team from scoring on a possession” game clear go for it but nobody was surprised a nfl coach punted. Not even that one who went for it more than anyone else did.

lol @ the one poster “anything could’ve happened” nobody could play defense slipping everywhere

Kentucky softball got angleshot pretty hard this weekend. Apparently some games have a hard ending time because of travel. Well game was tied 8th inning and Kentucky went up 7-4 at which point the Texas coach decided to stall the rest of the inning. Eventually Kentucky was up 7-4 with 2 out and 2 strikes when the cap ending time was hit. Apparently the rule is when that happens you take the score at the beginning of the inning, so game was declared a tie.

https://extrainningsoftball.com/opinion-gamesmanship-has-its-place-but-a-line-was-crossed-on-sunday/

5 Likes

Another classic one is the snow-plow game.

1 Like

That’s some bullshit. HS baseball had a time limit but it was a “you don’t start a new inning after an hour and 45 minutes” or something like that. A hard stop mid inning is silly.

2 Likes

And the Chiefs defenders played a pristine game. Give me a break.

It is what it is. Give the ref an opportunity to make a call. He made it. Live with the consequences. I would prefer they call the first and let the second one go. But Eagles lost the game on scheme in second half. Andy and all made offensive adjustments in the second half. Gannon (DC) had no answers.

Then you would like Baseball Doesn’t Exist. I know it’s not football but it’s in the same vein as what you describe.

2 Likes