2023 NFL Gameday Thread: SUPER refBOWL!

https://twitter.com/AroundtheHorn/status/1620183825610424322

Chiefs running white hot in getting pundits to call for rule changes after playoff wins.

You’re welcome btw for us fixing playoff overtime.

I’m somewhat surprised that a forum consisting mostly of poker players and gamblers think riggage when a few bad calls go one way. I’ve run 30 buyins below ev.

2 Likes

Has anyone from New York confirmed they are calling in? Perhaps anonymously to a reporter?

Bet your house on the clear and present riggage or stfu

To be fair, it is a grey area where lots of ideas are being conflated.

There has always been riggage. We just notice it more and have more unrealistic expectations as a society.

It’s not that hard to imagine an industry with billions of dollars flowing through it might lead to some unsavory behavior.

After watching the Super Bowl last year

The San Fran - eagles game

And then cincy - Mahomes

How could you not conclude the NFL had an agenda

Do you think if DJ chark “caught” that pass vs the cowboys in the NFC champ game that catch is ever going to count?

It wouldn’t

Yet they just let it go like no big deal.

1 Like

Mahomes in the Super Bowl is worth 9 figures to the league in tv money

2 Likes

Do you remember the first half of the TB/KC Super Bowl - where in addition to Mahomes running for his life, one Carl Cheffers called phantom penalty after phantom penalty on the Chiefs secondary?

If you check the gameday thread here, everyone was bitching about it. Ray Lewis had a meltdown at halftime.

Get ready for more of that. The league loved it so much that Cheffers is back two years later.

Yeah that’s what we are saying

The league rigged games and yesterday the bengals got jobbed hard

I never said the chiefs never got jobbed ever.

1 Like

But what really matters is the difference between him and Burrow. I think Mahomes is a bigger draw, but at this point is he that much bigger?

Yes

This supports our argument not yours

The lol Calvinball reffing has been going on for a long time, the cherry on top is the selectively applied NY god mode, absolute absurdity. They 100% saw and ignored the eagles 4th and 3 drop, for example.

Right? Brady was the biggest draw for over a decade, now he’s retiring and the nfl needs a replacement for the billions in revenue he was generating for the league, and mahomes is the closest thing to that. Yesterdays game was essentially a replay of how the patriots won like 8 of their 10 AFCCGs

We all watched Brady because we hated him. Hell most of you would probably hate fuck him.

My argument is that I don’t want to feel like my team just had a moral loss, when the QB was hobbled and lost 3 out of his top 4 WRs, and the top CB went out on the first series, and they still gutted out a win.

There was refball, and it net benefitted the Chiefs. But I don’t feel like it was as egregious or as one-sided as the Seahawks/Steelers Super Bowl. The holding call on Wylie in the first half that cost the Chiefs 4 pts was pretty ticky-tack when compared to the way they were swallowing their whistle on offensive holding for both sides all game.

I missed if this was discussed during the chiefs refs stuff, but Brock Purdy has a torn UCL and is out 6 months and he was still put back in the game because NFL don’t allow 3 qb’s? That’s insane.

Yeah I bet they change that after this. At least for the playoffs allow the emergency QB like they used to.

Also fuck the niners for putting him back out there.