2023 NFL Gameday Thread: SUPER refBOWL!

IMG_8606

3 Likes

Nice helmet deflection fraud

1 Like

https://twitter.com/BenjaminSolak/status/1751805288775110954

1 Like

Brock Purdy, CMC, and Deebo just ran all over the number 1 run defense in the league.

I was thinking about you. Didnt want to make it worse. What was thr atmosphere like?

1 Like

worst possible SB matchup. probably won’t even watch. vomit.

Which defense are you talking about?

Same thing happened to the Chargers coach. It’s a sad reality.

I actually don’t think that his 4th down calls today were particularly bad. They’re all close, so anything he could have done would have been somewhat justifiable. I just don’t think he’s a very good coach based on what I saw of him in Miami. It’s possible he’s gotten a lot better, but Miami Dan Campbell was not great in all phases of coaching. I suspect that will become obvious over the next several years. He’s a fantastic motivator and likeable, which goes a long way. I’d like to be wrong. It would be nice to see the Lions ship one at some point.

https://twitter.com/hooltras1944/status/1751790513517211676

1 Like

14 Likes

He literally kicked a FG from the 2 at the end of the half

Correctly

You think a forum of poker players would understand win equity and probability

2 Likes

I assume everyone who is criticizing the 4th down calls stands on 16 vs 7 in blackjack.

I feel that analogy is close but most people know to hit 16 v 7

What Dan is doing is doubling down with A6 vs 5

I don’t think most here are too concerned about the 4th down calls. Going up 3 scores was probably a very close decision on the second one, but going for that is definitely correct if you realize that your team is about to start vomiting. You need to be full “momentum guy” that firmly believes that failing gives your opponent the life/juice/divine power to really hate it.

The Third and Goal run > timeout decision was simply wrong and bad. But they were drawing pretty darn thin at that point anyhow and in the death throes of an epic full squad choke so you can understand losing your mind there and blundering.

The rookie RB fumbling the game away was by far the biggest reason the Lions were defeated, and I doubt that was something Campbell called from the sideline.

Totally fine with the 4th down decisions (all 3), the run on 3rd and goal should be an insta-fire. You have to keep all 3 timeouts.

1 Like

You all act like a heads coaches only job is game management. Even someone like Reid has made many in game errors when it comes to using time outs and challenges.

But he is an excellent coach in other parts of the game.

Lions have a decent team for the first time in ages and people are calling for the head coaches job. Weird

3 Likes

The stadium was rocking in both halves. Just more in the second. Great atmosphere.

There is more than EV in some of these calls. The FG to go up 17 would have put us back to even through 10 minutes of the 3rd quarter. Just negated the SF effort in the second half.

Up 14 just keep getting points. You get three 3 fg thats 23 points the other team needs. Outside edge of 3 scores. One missed 2pt conversion and it’s 4 scores.

Bottom line is that SF weapons played huge in the second half, including my saving Purdy from himself on more than 1 occasion. The face mask ball should have been a pick. A couple of other teams be through terrible balls that somehow his guys caught or turned into DBs to stop picks.

Lions gave up on Gibbs after the fumble and went away from the run. Both trick plays failures were deflating.

EV calls don’t factor in Big Mo. and Big Mo came to play. Sadly he switched sidelines after DanC decision and the fumble.

Less Flea Flickers with Noodle Armed Goff, More Hook and Ladders to Penei Sewell IMO

I mean, a bomb already 3 yards past the receiver hitting a defender in the helmet and popping into the arms of said receiver is really really really unlucky.

2 Likes

6 Likes