2023 NFL Gameday Thread: SUPER refBOWL!

The issue with “just let them score” is you are going to be down 9 with 3:50 to go ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Wooooooooooooo
Hoopoooooooooo

Had to listen to most of the game (long standing trip to see Red Wings at Maple Leafs).

Got to a tv with about 8 min left.

Lol punting there. But thanks!

Rams totally shocked by that pass after the 2 min warning. Winning football, biotches.

2 Likes

No comments on the actual play call from the Rams after the holding penalty? Throwing a deep ball to Nacua in like triple coverage, even as good as he is (and he got interfered with anyway, I’m actually happy for DET that they benefited from a no-call for once lol) seems insanely sub-optimal compared to throwing something underneath and at least trying to get the penalty yardage back and maybe more. Depending on the distance you either have a more manageable 4th down or you just go ahead and try the FG.

I’m not seeing pi on that nacua throw. There was contact but the first db was playing the ball and the second db came in for the hit only after the ball arrived.

I mean there was a jersey tug that you could definitely say prevented him from going up higher to get the ball. I actually agree with not calling it on what was a semi-desperate low-percentage throw anyway, but it sure wouldn’t have surprised me to see a flag.

Just stop with this no call trash. It’s not PI.

Same with the Super Bowl last year. “Oh you saw his jersey tug” get the fuck out of here it’s the nfl.

I mean it wasn’t the point of my original post anyway, I’m sorry I included that parenthetical lol. I actually wanted to discuss the actual play call.

It sounds like we both agree about the lack of penalty, but you’re getting mad at me for phrasing it like “it’s probably technically PI that definitely sometimes gets called but the refs correctly let it go” instead of “it’s 100% definitely not fucking PI dammit”.

I like the play call. You are going to get a completion or a PI a lot vs our defense and our city.

Lions just did enough to stop it

Getting 5 yards and kicking a FG with 4 minutes left you probably lose anyway

Most overlooked play of the game I think was Badgley’s 54 yard field goal. He’s not a top-flight kicker, but he delivered when it counted in this case.

And I’m quite sure the Rams regret punting in that spot late.

1 Like

Lions special teams delivered. Their punter dropped multiple kicks at the 10 and never outkicked his coverage.

1 Like

Given how the first half went, it’s insane that 3 2nd-half points held up for Detroit.

But I guess that’s what happens when good coaches actually make adjustments, as opposed to say, every Cowboys playoff game in the past couple decades.

1 Like

The lions D won this game. All the red zone stops and the last drive. Just made plays when it mattered.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/OldTakesExposed/status/1746712933692784831

3 Likes

Let’s go Buffalo

1 Like

The super bowl was decided on a PI that was less of a jersey tug than the one yesterday, which proves the point that it’s all arbitrary and virtually every close game in the nfl is decided by a call or a no call like that.

I do think the Lions one. The receiver was right behind the WR. Harder to see

The Super Bowl the guy was pulling away and Jersey was stretched in plain sight

Just dumb these are penalties but the saints receivers nuked from orbit

No call

Guess it all evens out

So if the Rams let Aman score at the end (but still pretend to try to tackle him), do you think he scores or is smart enough to go down?

Smart enough to go down.

Gotta let the defense fuck up and score the TD. Provided there is less time left.

Optimal with 4 mins left is to retreat to 10 yardline and take a knee, and try to hold them to a FG attempt.

-0- he goes for glory of a TD over the team. He’s a smart guy. He knows 1st down = game over

Jamo ¯_(ツ)_/¯ :)

Why blow the whistle so early on scrums??? Annoying, just lost 3 yards on that.