2023 NFL Gameday Thread: SUPER refBOWL!

I’m at 4% QB, 1% RB, 95% coach.

Using that 1st timeout was far worse than the playcall, the throw or the drop.

1 Like

The timeout was hideous, especially because it didn’t look like a case of being disorganized or hating what they saw from the defense, it was just the standard tired thing of “hey let’s take the freeroll on the 2% chance they actually jump”. With the time left, keeping the 3rd TO is worth massive amounts of win equity, and trying to draw them offsides is worth some miniscule fraction of that.

Honestly, kicking a fucking FG (as bad as that is) might have even been more EV+ than intentionally burning a TO there.

Saw a pretty cool radio/podcast clip where post had CJ stroud on with Tom Brady. CJ asked Tom how do you deal with the distractions and everyone around you wanting something. Tom gave a really good answer about professionalism and focus and how you are at work and everyone around you is on vacation. Anyways made me feel even better about stroud than I already felt. Kid has his head screwed on straight.

Hyper focus is an ingredient for pretty much every good to great qb.

If Cle and MIa both lose, who is #5 seed?

Im pretty sure CLE is locked into the 5 seed no matter what

3 Likes

Thanks.

LOL more confirmation that Campbell is a fucking moron.

Commentators in the game are going on about how when they interviewed Campbell, he was like “If we have a shot at the #2 seed, we have to try to get it.”

Good thought. Too bad it wasn’t in your head when you try to go for a 2pt conversion from the 7.

1 Like

and DET loses their stud TE now

Lets check in on the atmoshpere in Jacksonville.

4 Likes

I expected a lot from the jags this year. Season been a disappointment, I suspect for fans.

TN running the wishbone?

My god, New England has been involved in more than one of the most boring games of all time this year

Lol fucking L. 16 yard sack in NE

Omg, then an interception, fumble on the interception and recovery by NE. Then an immediate interception two plays later.

What an absurdly awful team.

Also, let us loljags

LOL Jags.

I think I might legit be rooting for Da Bills tonight. I doubt we’re beating them once, but definitely not twice.

I think I’d rather just go to KC or Hou. Probably lose there too, but it won’t feel as bad.

Miami either gets Buffalo again if they win or KC if they lose. Can’t get Houston. The Browns get Houston.

That might be better. I’m more afraid of Hou than KC right now. But Mahomes + Arrowhead + Refs is pretty damn tough. Better than the Bills tho.

Chefball getting a home game against Lol Stealers would be ridiculous so I’m definitely rooting for Da Bilce.

Looking forward to watching the lol Stealers get boat raced by whoever they play.

Sleeping w Bienemy