2023 NFL Gameday Thread: SUPER refBOWL!

Top5 all time worst coaching decision to go for two from the 7.

Made the timeout by McCarthy— which should have resulted in prison—look tame by comparison.

Yeah go for 2 from the 7 decisions is borderline coaching malpractice. I warmed up to it again after the offsides out then closer. Dan needs to chill there and rethink that one tho.

You’ll notice Decker and Sewell report.

There’s 7 OL, the inner 5 are ineligible. Decker and Sewell are both uncovered, therefore eligible.

Detroit ran a play like this to Sewell before. This is a huge fuck up

1 Like

The receiver is pretty close to the lineman, and you could argue he’s on the line, but only because the refs have allowed sloppy lines all season, where offensive tackles are almost in the backfield.

https://twitter.com/MitchSchwartz71/status/1741318206499778828?t=9spu5xJ0Chan1jhbiDCwDA&s=19

Should just replay the game on Wednesday.

I read someone making the point of wanting to avoid OT regardless. Kinda makes sense. They got a guaranteed three seed, it’s unlikely they get one even if they win. Not a huge difference between 2 and 3 seed.

It’s really not close

Makes one wonder why they tried to maximize win equity the rest of the game.

The point would be to avoid the wear and tear of an extra period

Agree. On the broadcast, they were saying he was covered, but they were wrong. I couldn’t hear what the ref said after he said “Illegal touching”. Don’t know if he meant the player didn’t report, or if he was covered.

https://x.com/adamschefter/status/1741322769445404777?s=46

That same argument would hold more weight after the 3rd quarter.

Head ref fucked up. Pure and simple.

2014 Penalty gets called on Dallas. After an eternity AND the ball placed, penalty is picked up during commercial. Video review is obvious that there was a penalty. Dallass wins.

2023 Conversion good. After an eternity, flag is thrown on Detroit. Video evidence strongly indicates the ref fucked up. Dallass wins.

Pattern?

Bayes says Meathead Campbell wasn’t considering any of that and just wanted to GO WIN THE GAME.

All the talk of illegal formation is because ESPN or really anyone with NFL credentials can’t come right out and say what we all know happened.

Yes that’s another point. He is who he is. Idk what the success rate is from the 7 (or the 4 on the 3rd try).

Seems like a kick makes sense. Loved the original decision and play.

Feels like there should be a way to review that kind of fuck up.

The not saying the right number of who is reporting eligible.

https://x.com/adamschefter/status/1741324235874726389?s=46

I grew up in Detroit and am still a Lions fan. They always play Dallas tough. I’m wondering though if the play had held up, whether Dallas would have a similarly reasonable beef, because the ref told them somebody else was eligible. So the ref screwed up and was going to hear about it one way or the other. But as always, Dallas seems to prevail in these referee screwups.