2023 NFL Gameday Thread: SUPER refBOWL!

Going for it from the 7 is probably the dumbest thing I’ve seen in a while.

Cause fuck you that’s why (not you just everyone). This is who we are.

When it went back to the 7 they should have kicked.

I agree. But we shouldn’t go for fake punts at our own 30

Lions are good but still a year away

At least we can rest everyone next week.

Yes. Of course being a long time lions fan, I have to think they won it before getting it yanked away

Lol Dan Campbell

Cowboys probably get luckboxed the division but then lose to the commanders.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/nickbaumgardner/status/1741313943480459723?t=3NsSTwenoWH274vI_nzl_Q&s=19

When having multiple people reporting I guess you need to be clear and concise with each player reporting.

“I’m reporting”, “me too” might confuse part time refs.

The TV ref says he was covered in the formation. Receiver to his left too close and considered on the line?

Well like they said, even if he reported then they just call illegal formation.

Honestly with :23 left and DAL having two timeouts, I hate going for two there at all. If you kick the XP, McCarthy’s guaranteed to sit on the ball and you definitely get OT. If you make the 2PC you force him to play correctly, and there’s a very real chance of losing in regulation to a long Aubrey FG.

They waited at least 15 seconds before throwing the flag.

Cruel.

If the Eagles and Lions had both won out at 13-4, who would have been the #2 seed?

The receiver seemed like he was a step behind the lineman.

1 Like

Lions. Common opponents I believe. All I know is I heard that lions controlled their 2 seed destiny going into this game.

LOL Campbell even more I guess.

Lions. They would improve to 5-1 in common opponents. (Eagles are 4-2).

Going in the Dallas games for Philly did not count (yet) as the LIONS had not yet played DAL so they were both 3-1.

Pretty sure Lions are locked into 3 now.

https://x.com/danorlovsky7/status/1741314282631975170?s=46

I rewound. I don’t think he was covered. It “looked” like he reported.

In that case, once again. FUCK the NFL.

They called that timeout before the conversion so Jerry could wire the refs a cool Milly for the win.

1 Like

Here’s what I’m hearing happened. 68 and 58 reported eligible. 70 was with them right at the end as they broke away from the refs. Ref incorrectly calls 70 as eligible seeing him run away from where 68 just was. 68 and 58 were clearly lined up as eligible receivers. 70 never reported and was covered up. So the formation was legal. The ref just fucked up who reported and stole the win from Detroit.

2 Likes