2023 NFL Gameday Thread: SUPER refBOWL!

Tua is easily better than Purdy in a vacuum.

Probably around 7th to 9th best.

Ask your doctor about Tua Derangement Syndrome today.

I get that people’s first thought when they think of him is being all tyrannosaurus armed and unconscious, but dude has played in every game, led THE LOLPHINS to a legit shot at the #1 seed in the AFC with 2 weeks to go, leads the league in passing yards, has a 2.5:1 TD/INT ratio at >70% completion, has far more yards and as many TDs as Mahomes (with much fewer interceptions), a full yard per attempt higher than Allen, and will get league MVP votes.

All with a 9m cap hit to boot.

I know I know arm too weak, brain too mushy, dumb eye black eww lefties let me check his elbows are his eyes too slow???

3 Likes

This isn’t a criticism at you at all as I know you get this - so much of passing TDs is the coaching philosophy.

Dolphins inside the 5 - 15 rushing TDs, 9 passing
KC inside the 5 - 6 rushing TDs, 13 passing.

It’s not a Mahomes thing, Andy Reid has always thrown more than average inside the 5 (even when he has a good running team - this is a good part of the reason why Reid’s offenses are average in the red zone historically).

There’s no skill difference between Tua handing the ball off or doing a little 6 inch flip pass to a tight end for a TD, but one of them makes a QBs numbers look more impressive. I don’t really care about passing TDs inside the 5.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/Sweaty_Esports/status/1739701248012734479

O-line injuries happen. Tua has zero escapability. Dan Marino didn’t have much either, and he got by, but Tua ain’t Dan Marino.

Tua has zero ability to avoid pressure, improvise, and make something out of nothing. Purdy isn’t Lamar Jackson, but he at least some ability to do that. Tua has none and even trying is honestly a bad idea given his concussion history. So I guess it is possible that he has it, but is correctly not doing it. Either way, the result is the same.

Tua definitely worse in most situations. For example if you stuck both of them on the Panthers, they would suck less with Brock. Unprovable, though. They’re both system guys, so it’s hard to know how exactly they would perform outside their respective carefully crafted offenses.

There are easily more than 9 QBs I’d rather have than Tua. But I suppose once you get to that level it’s starts getting debatable.

Tua has some damn good escapability skills, but he’s just going down due to concussion history. I’m sure he’ll try to escape more in the Super Bowl.

Like I was saying, he could have hypermegaelite escapability, but if he is one not-that-bad hit away from his brain turning to mush, his best play is to just go down and live to fight another day. In then end, the result is no different from him having no escapability.

We’ll see if he turns it on in the SB. He still hasn’t signed the big money deal yet.

He was as good or better a scrambler in college as Hurts. He just hasn’t been the same since he nuked his ankle in the 2019 LSU game.

Wtf does this mean. I saw Lamar in person this year. Most unique talent in the game.

If it’s a year were none of the QB’s are worthy of MVP, I wish they would look to the defensive side of the ball rather than just sort by yards and TDs for a guy like McCaffery or Hill. Garrett, Watt, Parsons have all had huge years.

I think they’ll just go with most important player on the best team which will be Lamar

If it’s too hard to pick someone, just go with Jordan Love.

Kevin Clark just getting dragged.

Lamar wins the “line movement test”

None of the non-QBs move it more than a couple points.

Other QBs—Allen, Dak, Purdy—have all shat the bed in various important moments.

What’s a “Kevin Clark”?

IMG_0685

1 Like

Here comes Dak! That’s right Joe buck!

someone teach DET how to tackle

I knew I would jinx him :disappointed:

Ahem