2023 NFL Gameday Thread: SUPER refBOWL!

That’s right. Wrap it up. Put a bag on it

Guess Purdy isn’t going to be the mvp either.

Lamar?

Giving it to Lamar further confirms the award is basically just QB on the best team. His counting stats would be the worst MVP numbers in a long time.

JJ or CM are more deserving

Yeah Brock’s MVP odds went from like -200 to +1300 after yesterday. Lamar is now sitting at -170.

Purdy is done. Had this been early he could have rebounded, but now this will be the last meaningful game for voters. Shredding the Commanders league worst passing D isn’t going to move the bar and now will a likely meaningless week 18 game.

Lamar probably locks it up if they win out - no matter how he plays.

If Tua wins a shootout next week he jumps to favorite. If an ugly win, CMCs got a shot.

Tua would be the most fraudulent MVP winner since they gave it to a kicker. He’s even more of a system QB than Purdy. Anyone who even considers voting for Tua needs to watch that Titans game on a loop until they regain their senses.

Reek

When we smash Dallas and Vikings

Bow down to MVP Goff

2 Likes

Anyone want the Dolphins ML next week? I’m calculating vig free at Ravens -166/Dolphins +166.

Probably - but he’d have good numbers on a top team with a recent big win/game against the best D in the league. Not saying he would deserve it, just that he’d win. MVP voters are stupid and don’t usually do deep dives - see Purdy being the overwhelming favorite.

Purdy had a reasonable case on the deep dive, imo. I wouldn’t have picked him, but I wouldn’t have fought it either. All of his advanced stats were great and it’s really hard to separate those from the quality of the rest of his offense.

It would not be crazy to just say that Purdy is still MVP and had one bad game. By the end of the year, his stats will still be great.

Purdy has had a few bad games now. PFF now has Tua higher than Purdy (not that PFF is perfect but I believe it at least tries to isolate the player from the team).

The stat quoted last night that Purdy was averaging 9 yards on passes at or behind line of scrimmage really stood out as indicating for it’s not Purdy driving that offense.

Edit - I guess only the Cleveland game was real bad. The Vikings game was fine other than the picks.

“How was the play otherwise, Mrs. Lincoln?”

1 Like

https://x.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1739745979434152000?s=20

Eta: I keep posting in the wrong thread. F it, not fixing.

Not really. For anyone that knows ball, Purdy is just another flavor of Jimmy G or Goff.

He can’t be another flavor of Jimmy G. We saw Jimmy in the same offense. Purdy is/was much, much better.

Agree on Goff. I think putting current Goff in SF with a full training camp would probably be not much different from Purdy.

Jimmy didn’t have Trent + The Avengers nearly as consistently as Purdy has this year.

Purdy has been much, much worse this year when he has been missing any of them (three game losing streak + last night when Trent went out was big exposure).

Tua’s whole offensive line was injured that game and the Titans were getting tons of pressure on every drop back without blitzing.