2023 NFL Gameday Thread: SUPER refBOWL!

No, it’s weird and I don’t understand it. Rams were doing the same thing with their RB Henderson I think when Kyren went down with injury.

As I understand it they could try, but Flacco would have to agree to it, and why would he, when his situation in Cleveland is perfect?

The scenario I have in mind is that some team offers to overpay Flacco knowing that the Browns will be forced to match. So in this scenario, Flacco never really considers signing for another team. He just takes that offer to shake down the Browns. What are they going to do, risk him walking? He is far better than the alternative and gives them a shot at the playoffs. Browns have to pay.

https://twitter.com/EricNMoody/status/1735479748644532341?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

5 Likes

Offensive offside alert!

Imagine giving up 42 points in a half to a team that lost 3-0 last week.

2 Likes

Even Chargers superfan lady has to be like we suck watching this.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/chargers/status/1735500658005143821

6 Likes

Amazon prime absolutely killing it on the thursday night games! Last week no punts 76 points, this week 70 points so far.

Last week was the Pats VS Steelers. :harold:

lol well the season officially ended for me last week because my fantasy team was eliminated from the playoffs, i just googled “week 13 schedule” because i’m still stuck in week 14.

if only i had a football team to root for, but i don’t, last time i checked the san diego chargers don’t play anymore, so i’m just hoping something ridiculous happens so i can bitch about it

anyways 63-14 has gotta be a scoragami

if this doesn’t end in a scoragami this will be a huge fucking waste of a game

66-14 isn’t a scorigami so obv that would be the final score

I think it’s new this year that you can “elevate” players from the ps to the active roster without giving them a contract. They automatically go back after the game. You can only do this to a player 3 times. After that, they either stay on the ps or you have to sign them to the 53.

Yes, any team (other than the team the brown are about to play) can offer flacco a contract at this point. But it’s Joe flacco. That’s not happening.

OK, that’s an important exception. Some of the scenarios that I was envisioning were exactly that.

https://twitter.com/NFL_Scorigami/status/1735517614019932202

phew, needed that

2 Likes

I wonder when the last scorigami where both scores were multiples of 7 happened?

I’ve got 56-35 on 9/28/08 if I perused accurately (checked ties too)

4 Likes

Yesterday

What’s the best way to watch the Lions game tonight if I’m not going to be able to catch it live. I have an over the air dvr that normally works great but I live just outside the local market so that’s out.

Sling would be $30 or $40 (can’t just free trial it, already burned that) and has a dvr feature.

What I’m looking at is NFL+ premium. You can apparently watch replays of games (ideally I can navigate there without seeing the score first). Anyone have any experience with that. I can actually see using that service beyond just today as well.

Youtube TV free trial?