2023 NFL Gameday Thread: SUPER refBOWL!

That was a hip drop combined with horse collar.

Yeah I had considered something where there is a panel that analyzes injuries, and if a defender caused an injury recklessly, that player would be inactive as long as the injured player was.

Or, how about you look at the salary of the injured player, and the aggrieved team can inactivate players adding up to an equivalent salary until they are fit again. Maybe exclude qb/kicker/punter/longsnapper.

1 Like

That would be so hard to enforce. The NFL is such an injury crapshoot.

Oh it’ll never happen for a thousand reasons, but right now the best, most effective strategy to attempt to injure opposing players, and defenses know it.

I don’t even think the downside for the offender could ever account for the downside of the injured player since a concussion early in your career can change your entire timeline in a way that isn’t quantifiable.

Definitely not still angry about the Epps hit on Burks.

has mcdaniel ever won a coaches challenge? I can’t recall one

Nice, playoff clinch for SF, Dal, and Phi I believe

I’ve lived through tons of bad Dolphins losses, but this one is gonna take the cake.

Nah, the Pats in 2003 or 2004 and the Chargers in the 95 playoffs were the worst by far.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/robhaze/status/1734429893876908375

4 Likes

Those were bad, but a different kind of bad. When you’re up 14 at home to a 4-8 team with Will Levis at the helm, you don’t lose that.

Lol wat? Miami blew it?

Oh holy shit.

LOL

Because of refball we know

Miami is the team everyone would love to see in the playoffs, assuming they get in.

4 Likes

Can someone explain to me how practice squads work?

I saw that the Browns put Flacco back on their practice squad but they also named him the starter for the rest of the season. Does that mean that any other team can just swoop in and offer him a contract? Presumably Browns will match, but it seems like someone can really stick it to the Browns by just offering Flacco a pile of cash that the Browns will be forced to match.

I think vets can go to the PS w/o clearing waivers.

That’s what I thought too. But that’s separate from what I’m interested. Teams sign players off of other practice squads all the time. Can someone try to sign Flacco now just to fuck with the Browns?