2023 NFL Gameday Thread: SUPER refBOWL!

There’s virtually no time travel scenario in fiction that really holds up to scrutiny at all. I swear to this day the movie that comes closest is Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure.

4 Likes

What about 11.22.63 show

Only read the novel, but it did seem at least to try to be consistent with its rules on how time-travel worked (although there was some weird stuff with ripple effects from past alternative time-lines that were never really explained).

It did suffer from the standard you change stuff in the past and then go back to the future and the major stuff in your life isn’t changed.

I feel as long as you dont make the news you should be fine. But in bttf objects can change (a newspaper that says “steve died” might say “steve almost died” if you save him) so you have that benefit.

True, but we absolutely at one point see Biff being interviewed and getting a news story about his big win. I feel like after that, his almanac is friggin toast

1 Like

Dark was pretty good in this respect.

What you just described is a good use of artistic/dramatic license. The list of bad uses for other movies/TV shows, especially ones based on historical events, is endless.

In time travel movies, you basically just have to establish rules and stick to them. BTTF does a great job of it, complete with diagrams!, and is obviously fantastically entertaining.

In a world where the book doesnt change, yes. But in bttf books and photos change to show new info(USA Today of 2015/photo of gravestone/fax)*, so if biff being interviewed caused the cowboys to lose a week later the book should change to show that.

*Why Jennifer in the new timeline took a blank fax and Doc took a photo of nothing still happens…uh shut up.

1 Like

Let’s go Kansas City!

2 Likes

Losing an int because of a fumble because your being greedy would be a kick in the nuts.

Here comes the refball.

Wow that was a bullshit call RtP call. He assumed a runner posture then pulled is arm up and jumped toward the defender.

That’s effing football.

1 Like

Here comes a ticky tack pass defense call.

lol sure you don’t need receivers who can catch when you have an elite qb!

x2 lolol

You know Eagles fan T Swift is going to give some shit to Travis.

I’m going to drive a case of this stuff over to Arrowhead tomorrow:

Fly Eagles Fly

2 Likes

Not one of the Chiefs wide receivers would be a WR3 on any decent team that isn’t tanking. I’m not even sure if they’d make the team.