2023 NFL Gameday Thread: SUPER refBOWL!

3 tied at 11 according to

1 Like

This Aiyuk guy is pretty good

1 Like

Aaron Jones said preliminary imaging showed his ACL is ok. More tests tomorrow.

Fucking hell. Geno Smith down. Maybe it won’t be as bad as it looked, but I’m already prepared for a month or more of the Drew Lock experience.

Well, game went sideways when Lock took the field and began aggressively pissing his pants instead of playing quarterback, so that’s been fun. We had a solid lead when that happened and I thought we could maybe salt the clock away, but no. Looks like it’s over in the Rams’ favor barring a small miracle.

1:12 left and about 35 yards to go? I think they can pull it out

If it was still Lock then I’d say no. As is, with it being an injury to Geno’s throwing elbow, I can’t tell. His first pass looked good and his next two have looked like they were coming from someone with a wonky elbow.

I do smell possible Kickah issues coming up though.

I actually think Myers makes this now that he’s gotten into reasonable range. Long kick though.

Yeeeesh. Thats a tough one

Welp.

Seahawks/Rams games remain miserable even when we win. Obviously worse when we lose.

On the bright side, at least WSU announced right before the game that it was selling the university’s self-respect to UW for five cents on the dollar, so I already knew it was going to be a really great sports day. I think that’s enough sports for the day.

1 Like

Well you certainly wont be missing anything in the sunday night game

Sack % on target to be the highest of the 21st century league wide. Mannn there are some bad OLs and loads of QBs who hold it far too long for fear of throwing into any tight windows or contested situations

Funny thing is announcers said he looked like he drank rocket fuel by the way he was playing.

https://x.com/jonmachota/status/1726359279223861755?s=20

I wonder if NFL has reached a tipping point in complexity that flips the scale toward defense. QBs aren’t really playing against defensive players–they’re up against an organization of people who have been scheming against them for a long time. Defensive players are more like chess pieces controlled by the coordinator, whereas the QB still has to do most of the processing on the offensive side regardless of the playcall and scheming quality.

2 Likes

I remember when pundits were saying that football was going to have to change the rules because the spread offense was nearly impossible to defend against.

Nah, defensive players are still mostly just athletic assassins. There’s just a bit of a lull in QB talent around the league. QBs with good reaction times and ball placement still slice and dice defenses on the regular.

Vikings ever seen a RB catch a pass? That couldn’t have been an easier drive. Too much time for Dobbs of course.